Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Router turned into a Access Point

AA0KM
AA0KM Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas

(Disclaimer:information below may not be in the order of your router or even possible as set ups are all a little different)

Linksys on old E-4200 i had.

Direct connect to computer or Laptop using Cat-cable

and login in. It usally is Admin user and Admin Password if router has been reset by holding reset button.

Disable NAT
Set up wireless ID of Flexradio24 and Flexradio50 for 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz bands respectively with WPA-2 AES or personal

setup wireless password

disable PNP
Turn off UPNP
turn off wireless remote configuration

(((The last thing you do is below)))))))

Turn off Router DHCP Server (Not the dhcp it self)

Set router ip at 192.168.1.220 (Set IP OUT OF DHCP range of your main router with the last 3 digits )

SAVE and (((you are locked out at this point without doing full reset)) plug in to switch or router and go.

There is no remote configuration on router once it is put in this mode.

If not working go back do a hard reset and try again maybe some steps missed.

This sits outside on my deck. I can plug it in anytime and cover the whole back yard and then some.

I am not a network guru I worked hard at this by searching the internet over and found this information.

I failed at it a few times until I got to understanding.

The DCHP server is what got me locked out a few times on this router and had to hard reset and go at it again.

Hope this is useful to someone.

73 Jeff

Comments

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Wanted to add this AP setup the cable comes from outside from the AP into my house and connected to a switch.

I can also connect it directly to the Flexradio and have no internet involved which makes for solid AP

WiFi / lan cable connections. Best of both worlds.

73 Jeff

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    does it need to be hard wired to the router to work?

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Yes the AP is hardwired to your network.

And it goes back to the main router or to the Flexradio.

One way I can have the laptop with internet/wifi to AP while connected to the switch

which goes back to main router and Use the radio or I can lan cable connect straight to

the Flexradio /laptop-wifi and no internet with no losses.

73 Jeff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.