Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I cannot access 2 meter repeaters. community explains how to set tone but the explanation doesn't ma

2»

Answers

• James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks George ive ordered a power meter from dc engineering. After i have it installed ill provide more information. What things should i give you information about? Jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Yep this is working.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If you switch to RXA for receive, can you hear on 2m? Your wiring diagram indicates you're using split RX/TX ports, so using XVTR (as displayed in your screen shot) for both will not work. What does your transverter setup (in rig setup) look like? LO frequency, error, power in dBm? Are relays TX1 and 2 checked (enabled) in rig setup?
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks so much. Ill check these thins out and let you know.jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Dave 10m is incorrect i contacted demi and they confirm 28mhz.
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Ps i have comfigured 2 transverters in radio setup one for 2m and one for 70cm. These showmup with the correct frequencues in the slice display.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    If tx in waterfall is enabled, I can see a very small very brief signal in the waterfall at the offset freq.
  • Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited June 2020
    is there any way to show the TX frequency.. like on any other radio in existence ??
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Ill double check with my walkie talkie
  • Dave -- W5DJB
    Dave -- W5DJB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    10m band is 28MHz
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    Tx frequency doesnt happen until i release the mic button. I expanded the pan adapter to include the input frequency of the repeater and noticed there was no transmitted signal until i released the mic. Perhaps my drive signalmis 't high enough? Ill ask DEMI. Jim
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    James, again you should not see your transmitted signal when using a transverter. This is normal. Again, please try using RXA for the receive side and XVTR for transmit and let us know. I have a strong feeling you are keying repeaters just fine and not hearing because you're listening on the wrong port. Also - can you confirm that you're using the right offset? The screen shot you provided earlier has you on 146.060 with a +600 offset. In most circumstances, repeaters below 147 MHz use a -600 offset, and the output (your receive) is above 146.6.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    FWIW ... I am using Kuhne (DB6NT) Transverters on 2m and 70cm and a Spectrum Communications one on 4m. 

They are all connected via a Kuhne Six-to-One Transverter switch to my FlexRadio 6500.  They are all configured for two wires and connect to RXA and XVTR. They all use a 28MHz IF. 

I set up the appropriate XVTRs in radio setup and everything works as it should.  I do not see the transmitted frequency change if I am working a repeater, when I key the Flex but if I adjust my Panafall then I can see my transmitted signal.  

I can access FM and D-Star repeaters (with the dongle for the latter) with no issues and hear the 4m beacon at the correct frequency.

It was really, really simple to set up and I am surprised that the original poster is having so many issues.

Admitedly the Kuhne Transverters indicate power output on their own displays which helps.  Most users here would say that they are the best on the market (and with a price to match!!)

David G4NRT
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I so agree. Thanks for the comments. About seeing the transmitted signal, I stand corrected. - I use a single port, so the RX is off during transmit (panadapter would be looking at 28 MHz instead of 144). For James, and anyone with issues, it is really important to answer the questions posed by those trying to help, and to provide complete configuration information. Sometimes, even an extra class operator can get in too deep. That's why we have a Community.
  • Dave -- W5DJB
    Dave -- W5DJB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Flex is transmitting around 28MHz, not in the 2-meter band.  You won't see it in 2m.

• James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Perhaps the signal im seeing when i release the mic is the repeater but thats odd because its at the input freq of the repeater.
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Oh, thanks, duh. Jim
  • Dave -- W5DJB
    Dave -- W5DJB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yes, you are seeing the last part of your 145MHz transmit signal as the flex receiver comes back online.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If you hit the REV button, it will put your receiver on the transmit frequency and change the display to the transmitted frequency. 

This is PROVIDED that you have your transverter configuration done correctly, including the calibration offset.  (if you are using a transverter.)

Ken - NM9P
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Working with Dudley we discovered that the diagram sent to me by flex was in error. More to come. Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.