Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Intel Compute Stick CS125 Computer

[Deleted User]
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Anyone running Smart SDR on one of these that just plugs into the back of any HDMI port on a TV? Was wondering how it would work.

Answers

• Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I've not tried a Compute Stick, but I have it running on a Kangaroo PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883722001 Mike, N0SO
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    How WELL does it run Mike?  do you have panadaptor averaging turned beyond say half way, any audio drop out, stuttering screen etc.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Neat little package. With its limited storage, how long does it take to boot? Have you compared how responsive it is compared to running a 6xxx radio on a traditional PC?
  • Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The Kangaroo PC has a quad core processor, and it runs SmartSDR with my 6300 (or PowerSDR with my 1500) surprisingly well. I was using it with FLDIGI for PSK31 operation, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the audio, but I never noticed audio dropouts, audio latency, any anomalies with the display, etc. It actually boots up pretty quickly. Limited storage and memory could be an issue, I put an SD card in mine for additional file storage. I have it install to the SD card when that is an option. It has the capability to use an iPad as its main display, either through the USB cable or via VNC. The combination makes a great travel PC. Off topic for this forum, but I also use it reprogram my mobile DSTAR rigs without removing them from the vehicle. The PC has a built in battery, so I just connect the programming cable to the rig and then use a old iPad to VNC connect to the PC.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

http://arstechnica.com/ars-podcast/2016/07/intels-core-m-compute-stick-is-fast-enough-but-not-quite-cheap-enough/

If you had limited space or something this might do it.

Getting pretty pricey.

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

I'm using the newer CS525 with an 8500 series Samsung 55" 1080P TV, so far only TX but works great over the wireless.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.