Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSdr V 1.7 for desktop April 2016?

AA0KM
AA0KM Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Is the desktop version getting updated too?

Answers

• F1EDG
    F1EDG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Probably not, that's Maestro ...
    Desktop nobody is interested in Flex ... no time for that!
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Could  be patches for both or one and the same. Will see.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I would completely expect that SSDR 1.7 for Windows is the product, and the code supports Maestro operations (built in Windows software).
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

I'd understood that all of your devices need to be on the same version, and that announcement was definitely for a SmartSDR v1.7.xx update - which is your desktop software.

When SmartSDR v1.8.xx rolls out you will update your radio(s), desktop(s) and any Maestro you have all to the same level.

Ditto when 2.0 rolls in the future.

Kind of nice simple method to keep all systems on an even keel!

Steve

K9ZW

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sound reasonable to have only one to me too. Just curious. Just the news letter put it as smartsdr  v1.7  for Maestro.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Make's sense to me.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Here is the deal.  SmartSDR is a software ecosystem.  Currently, there is SmartSDR for Windows, DAX, CAT and the firmware that runs on the radio hardware.  SmartSDR for Maestro will be a new member of the ecosystem.  Just like we release a new CAT and DAX with SmartSDR for Windows, when a version SmartSDR for Maestro is updated, the rest of the ecosystem components will be released as well to keep everything in sync.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.