Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

You have got to laugh...

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had just done a factory default restore and was setting up my sound output. I could not hear much so I turned up the volume and could hear the sound coming out of my Flexcontrol! I could not believe it. I checked everything and could only hear sound coming from the 'control. I checked everything and was in the process of writing a post here and only then did I realise I had left my earphones plugged in and they were sitting next to the Flexcontrol!

<Face palm>! Oh the effect of advancing years...

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

You have more guts than I do. I refuse to expose myself to some of the **** things I have pulled off with my Flex.

Jim, K6QE

• N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I had a similar experience but in my case the sound was coming from my fillings.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Been there. Done that Guy more than once. With the Flex 6000 and remote one night I was playing on my laptop and my wife said: "Some one is calling you down stairs..." I had my 1500 running and monitoring a frequency I like.

I got kind of excited as she can copy enough code to know my call sign so I raced down stairs but before I did I muted my slice. Nothing... no sound... Perhaps my wife is losing it.

So I went back up stairs and said thanks... they must have called once or twice and left. I went back to remoting again. Made a couple of calls, in the middle of a QSO my wife peaks in, "you are getting another call!"

So I said thanks, finished up with the guy as he was more into contacts than chat. Muted my slice went downstairs again. Nothing...

By now I'm getting tired of the up/down stairs but she is trying to be nice and support. So 20 minutes comes by and she says "The same guy is calling you again... Its definitely your call!"

So back downstairs I go. Again nothing, silence for the most part. Then it finally dawns on me.... I began to wonder if when I press the blue remote button do the local speakers I have hooked up still work. So upstairs grab the laptop, downstairs, send out a test test de ws7m and sure enough nice and clear side tone through the speakers.

Yep... I was calling myself it seems or so she thought... Now I try to remember to mute the local speakers at the end of the day. Got my stair climbing in though!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Larry,

Interesting. In my 34 years as a dentist, I have never come across such a case. At least I know it is possible so would not label such a patient a "nutter".
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That's funny, except that I feel your pain, brother! :-)
  • Dale Neace
    Dale Neace Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    That's all funny both things made my day!
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Guy,

I could not stopped laughing ... Are you sure you are okay?  LOL
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Now I understand your sense of humor, a Brit and a dentist!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Am I okay?

You would not believe why my PC speakers seemed to have stopped working later on in the day. I checked all the volume levels I could think of and then espied the earphone wire! They are the small in ear types and not 'cans'.

I'll leave you and others to decide if I am okay ;-).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.