Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
I getting sick & tired of waiting for the Maestro. I put my order in last June thinking a December 2015 delivery date would be acceptable. We are now 21/2 months beyond that date. What gives FRS?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    That is my gripe and some people are running 4 of them . . . Alpha Testers. First it was December. Then February, Now who knows when it will be ready.
    I can't get even one.They are showing them at the shows and everything else but we have to wait and wait and wait. How about you do what you do with the radio. Sell it . . . Ship it . . . Then issue updates to add features as it develops.
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    "Daddy, are we there yet?"  Hey, in life we need SOMETHING to look forward to, eh?  At 71, it is one of the very few things that I have to look forward to.

Reminds me of the catsup commercial... "Anticipation!"

Jim
    K0UNX
    Colorado

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Wow Jim, I am looking forward to spending a month in Europe next year.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Is it only the ones that have paid already, thinking they should ship before it's ready? Next time don't pay up front, bingo. And lets say they did what Steven says, shipping before it's ready, than they would complain it is not working as they think it should or a feature missing, it would never end.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

@Steven & Bob - I saw more than four Maestros in the linked picture set. 

And you and I aren't getting even one to share... nada... until the fantastic volunteer Alpha team and FRS give a thumbs up.

To put this in perspective, the last time I personally saw Craig K9CT he was a volunteer showing off the Maestro and the SOnR add-on box and was due to fly out to FRS yet again to work with their engineers as the Maestro moved from prototype to production hardware.

Guys like Craig K9CT out of a love of the hobby, high technical skill, time & self-funding availability, a proven ability to be a team player & leader, and all with a willingness to share rather than horde advantage for just themselves, are putting in so much effort to make the release product shine.  Way more time than so many of us have available, even if we had the full skills set needed to be net contributors to the Alpha Team. 

So Steven, Bob and this Steve here - we wait... yes impatiently but as there has never been anything like the Maestro and Flex-6x00 combination before we are not lagging behind.  No one is ahead of us in receiving the commercially ready Maestro product before us.

I hope you too feel like a little kid - that kid tucked in bed the night before our birthday so excited that the next day our friends will be celebrating with us as we play with a new toy.

Sad, but predictable that the exact birthdate can't be given - but hey we know nothing quite like this Maestro has been born before, so perhaps that delay is not as much a problem in the birthing process as it is a our eagerness mis-channeled?

Again my thanks to the Alpha Team - and a super thanks to the willingness to share pictures of the K9CT Maestro Alpha units in heavy contesting.  We weren't owed that preview and for my part I do appreciate it being given. 

Just those pictures have my imagination going, and I have an early chance to make some changes ergonomically to my second shack project.

Like each of you Steven & Bob - very much awaiting Matt's phone call to ask for payment & confirm shipping details.  Until then I hope FRS continues to share pictures and information!

No Gripes here on waiting for ready to use product, as I'm imagining the QSOs and not so interested in a "Shack Trophy" in a pretty but not-quite-baked release.

For each person YMMV and I respect that, but for now I'll savor the anticipation and make QSOs the same as I have with the Flex-6700/6300 through a PC.

Steve K9ZW

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Oh c'mon Steve, enquiring minds and all. Where all want to know your birthday! ;-)
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I preordered my Maestro in Dayton last year, and honestly I'm just fine with them taking their time to get it right. In my opinion Flex needs to get this as perfect as possible right out of the gate. The Maestro already has too many drawbacks for it to be anything less when the first reviews roll out.

Considering that for the same price as a Maestro I can buy a decent Surface Pro that can run the full SmartSDR suite in addition to having the ability to log, operate digital modes, interface with the cluster, and VPN (if necessary) on a much nicer and larger screen I'm having a hard time deciding if I'm even going to go through with my preorder.

We need a home run on the Maestro, I'm willing to wait a bit longer to see if it happens.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I am running mine on a Surface 3 now and it is great.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Where was the Alpha team when they were testing the 6300,6500,6700. Noise blanker is still poor. That is far from "perfect" as you all tout. That is a lame arguement. Nuff said and I won't say another word about it.
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the updates Gerald! Keep up the good work!
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Like Ralphie with his Red Ryder BB gun at the end of "A Christmas Story", I hope soon we'll all be peacefully sleeping with our arms wrapped around our Maestro's.

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Craig really needs to send one of his Maestros down to South Carolina Low Country for a proper salt air environment test cycle, I think test cycle would end one day after I receive my unit. :)

Lew
    N4CO
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Craig took two to Palmyra.  Pretty salty there.  ;>)
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Nice try, it's just not the same, it's salt air combined with pfuff mud which makes for a one of its kind test environment.

Looking forward to receiving Maestro. :)
    Lew
    N4CO
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2019
    The Flex Insider is in the ether so read your email.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Didn't get it here??
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Check your spam folder.  It went out at 2:32 PM CST.  If you ordered through an international distributor you may not be on our direct mailing list.  You can email lori at flexradio dot com to be sure you are on the list.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There is a convenient form you can use on the web site to sign up too
    http://www.flexradio.com/resources/flexinsider/
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It came here after Steven said he didn't get it yet.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Got mine at 20:33Z.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Can you forward it to me at kk9wradio@gmaiil.com Filled out form and no email. Checked junk and spam.
  • PB Shell - k7shl
    edited April 2020
    Shipping to begin mid April 2016, with updated Smart SDR to boot.  I can deal with that.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Thanks I found it.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Am I to understand that you got 5 times the orders you expected?
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Silly question..  In the Maestro email (thanks for that G.) it says "ability to pan the CW sidetone from one ear to the other."  Does this mean the L-R audio channel levels will pan with the frequency of CW tone? Is this side tone (local osc) only?

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I hope this is for real, I'm getting a little tired of the wait game.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am also hoping that international dealers get a fair allocation of Maestros!  I placed my order (and left a substantial deposit) with an authorised dealer in the UK quite a while ago and hope to be amongst the first to get a Maestro on this side of the pond!

David G4NRT
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Careful . . . Youy may start getting hammered about waiting like I did. You know the "daddy are we there yet" routine.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

That is probably why you are not getting it. You might have mistyped your email in the newsletter registration form.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.