Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No news are good news !

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
There no news about Maestro from FRS - means - FRS will start till end Feb 2016 delivery of Maestro. Not many days left ;-)

No news can be good news! TNX FRS

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Not necessarily ... Alpha 4040 tuner?
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, I'd kiss February goodbye.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Or...people could be pleasantly surprised if they see it before Forth of July.
  • Gary Shriver
    Gary Shriver Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    From all their comments, I believe it will be sometime in May. They want to get it right. Worth the wait IMHO
  • Gary Shriver
    Gary Shriver Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    It is time for an update to the masses from the top though. Gerald?
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Maybe another Newsletter is in the works :-)
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ... think positive - think they hold word!
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I.e. "vaporware"?  I wouldn't accuse Flex of that, but having the schedule extended multiple times doesn't leave a great feeling.  I remember the good old days when some vendors (Apple?) didn't announce a product until it was in the warehouse ready to ship.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm not the expert .. but I think I was hearing about this Alpha 4040 tuner in 2013. It was then going thru Alpha/Beta test, redesign, Alpha test, redesign, and the last I heard it was still not in Beta due to firmware problems. It seemed a joke to me, and thankfully, I wasn't in the market for an overpriced tuner. I have several network analyzers and don't mind twisting knobs.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No Scott, your wrong.

from FRS web:

When will Maestro begin shipping?

Maestro is targeted to begin shipping in February 2016. Orders placed now will ship in the spring of 2016.

OK?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK, understand. It's like the LP-500 now ;-)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    define 'targeted'. This is a rhetorical question as I know what it means.
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Well only a few more days in February even with leap year.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Regrettably, those of us who have paid deposits to non-US dealers (in my case Martin Lynch & Sons in the UK) do not appear to have received any Maestro-specific Flex Insider communications. David G4NRT
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Please contact your dealer to ask for back issues since they are on our mailing list.  If you would like to receive the updates directly you can email lori @ flexradio dot com.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Gerald. I'll email Lori - it's probably easier! David G4NRT
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Ditto! Paul M0CVX
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I've been wondering how the process will go. The card I used for the deposit has expired, and I recall reading that I would get a phone call. If I don't happen to answer, will a message be left and can I call back? How many pre-orders are there? How many calls will be made a day? Will it take weeks or months to complete orders so that shipping happens?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I believe Flex now uses a computerized order processing system You will likely get an email with an online invoice. You click on the options you want, enter you current credit card and the System processes your. Order Then your device is shipped. IIRC. Flex previously stated that they would deliver the preorders over. 4-6 weeks
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Any idea if one of the options will include a Pelican case with space for the Maestro, the power adapter, a paddle and/or headset?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    NDA
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    ))
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ~NDA
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'd be happy enough if the options just included the bloody Maestro!

David G4NRT
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have to say that my experience with Flex makes this product worth the wait. I have zero doubt that a quality product will be delivered and it will be well supported. It is possible for any company to underestimate but it is always difficult to extend. I can't tell you the number of companies that have shipped before it was ready. I'd much rather wait a month or two extra for Flex to get it right.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Is there any truth to a message I saw that work on the Maestro halted  or slowed work on 2.0?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Was it from a Flex employee? otherwise?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.