Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any ETA on when Maestro ships

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I haven't been active in the community in awhile.  I had thought Maestro was supposed to ship by the 4th qtr?  I'm not in a hurry but was curious if there was a new time frame.

Burch
K4QXX

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    From the December issue of the FlexInsider

This quarter has seen much activity around Maestro as we move towards production and customer delivery.  In that light, we would like to give you the most up to date information on our status.  Here are the key things you need to know: 
    1. Prototype units have been undergoing on air testing in strenuous contesting environments and results from those operations are being incorporated into the software now.  Feedback from those tests has been excellent.
    2. FCC and CE certifications have been completed.
    3. The hardware has been fully released to manufacturing.
    4. The factory is in the process of receiving the final components to begin assembly.
    5. We are preparing to build a few dozen production units later this month that will go into additional beta test customer locations, in the US and Europe, for extensive testing to flesh out any remaining software issues.
    6. Our software team estimates 6-8 weeks will be necessary to complete the required Software Quality Process cycle.
    7. Given the estimated software QA cycle, we now are now forecasting to begin general availability shipments in the February time frame.
    8. Due to the substantial order backlog volume, the shipping process may take anywhere from four to six weeks to complete.
    9. We will contact you directly or through your distributor in advance of shipment.
    In light of this we will be working to keep you, our loyal and much appreciated customers, informed every step of the way.  A Maestro specific edition of the FlexInsider will be delivered semi-monthly, either from FlexRadio or your distributor, to keep you informed on the state of the software testing along with high level road maps and functionality descriptions to get you best prepared for your Maestro out-of-box experience.  

We know you have been anxiously waiting to receive your Maestro unit and we are working hard to deliver you a quality product you will be proud to own.  Thank you.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Tim.  For some reason I didn't see the Flex insider.  Looking forward to Maestro.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is this still on schedule for Feb shipping and if someone placed an order (as I did) in the past week, how long are we looking at till it would ship?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We estimate that it will take approximately 6 weeks to fulfill the Maestro backlog once we start production shipments.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I have a question. If production has not started yet and orders are going to take six weeks (including me) why was my $1200 payment accepted and cleared my bank if there is no intension of shipping yet??
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    They have started production, shipped some of the units to Alpha testers and even had one at the K5P Dxpedition
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Alpha testers? I would have thought that was over with. Production is production and filling ordered.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Alphas test SOFTWARE. Hardware is done. SOFTWARE IS NEVER DONE1
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    In the Flex terms and conditions, it says  . . .

"Your credit card will be billed upon shipment of your order"

So you should get a UPS shipping number tomorrow when UPS picks up your new unit for delivery.   Maybe you will get it by Thursday?

Good Luck

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That would be nice..  charging a credit card or accepting paypal payments in full should not be done unless you have the product to ship.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I just checked my account and it shows the order as completed and shipping was UPS..  Weee Haaa  Does not show shipped yet...
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Flex is a real pack of good guys - I always like doing business with them.

Since UPS does not work on weekends - I bet you see the UPS tag late tomorrow or first thing on tuesday with a delivery date

Good Luck and Have Fun !!!!!!

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Wow, this is exciting.  I"m hoping for some YouTube videos of those new Maestros in your shacks!
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, hope it's true.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Nick - did you pay using PayPal?  If so those charges are automatic.

If you did not pay via PayPal, your credit card was pre-authorized for the transaction amount and not actually charged.  If you have any questions about your account, please call Sales at 1.512.535.4713 ext 1.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yes PayPal. So my order showing completed does not mean it's going to ship?
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Looks like a false alarm as Tim astutely pointed out.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    So, has anyone gotten their Maestro yet?   Were any of you ever contacted prior to shipping so that you could select any of the "options" available for the Maestro?

If the feet are optional, what does it actually come shipped with?
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    From what I was just told today they are still a month away from shipping anything.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Drat ... I can't wait for the flurry of activity here on the forum once Maestro arrives. It might be enough to convince me to join the fold once the dust settles!
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm thinking that Flex could get a premium price if they auctioned a Maestro off right about now... ;-) 
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'm just curious on what everyone's plans are for using your Maestro?  What type of setting?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Could you imagine if they put the Maestro face on a larger box and made it to put out 100W? A transceiver.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Really Dan? You've not witnessed the pure hormonal explosion that is reaction on here to a box from FRS arriving. I suspect I could have actually gotten paid to defer my radio, rather than just I was in the middle of a move. It didn't occur to me at the time. Go through it once and I doubt you'll ever say "I can't wait for...." again. Think of the old clips of the Beatles playing Shay Stadium and the teenage girls fainting.;-)
  • SteveJ
    SteveJ Member
    edited February 2016
    The Icom 7300?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    What was that thing?
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's a SDR made in Russia. 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The cerilic gave that away. I didn't know if it was a 'player' in the market or not. You know, year of the SDR and all.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Anyway, looks like my order is not going to hit the brown truck till maybe middle of this month and maybe the end of the month. Can you say dashaview..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.