Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Got DM780 working with the Flex Winkeyer emulator.

Jerry Wilk
Jerry Wilk Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Got Winkeyer and DM780 working with the Flex emulator using DDutil.  Also, using CW Skimmer in parallel since DM780 cw decoding is marginal at best.  Had to try several SmartCat com ports but eventually found one that worked.  Hats off to Flex Radio.  AA7SN

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You're absolutely right, Jerry! DM780 is only useable on machine-generated CW code,
    and even then misses a lot of characters. fldigi is better, CWGet is a lot better, but CW
    Skimmer tops them all, IMHO.
    CW decoding is one of the most difficult problems for a programmer, as there are a lot
    of different ways to create CW. Different spacing, length of characters, lenghth of dots
    and dashes, machines, bugs, straight keys... I can decode CW up to 20 wpm, but only
    for a relatively short time, for monitoring purposes I use CW Skimmer. I need to
    practice more ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.