Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WHEN IT RAINS....IT POURS

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I saw what I thought was a terribly distorted JT65 and also on JT9 signal.

It sure didn't look like the hundreds of transmitted signals I made before

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    ??
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
       On rare occasions, the TX signal through DAX can become distorted.  If it is your TX signal, you can close the DAX control panel and restart it.  The signal should then be clean again.
    Al, K0VM
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited December 2018

Thank you Al. This distorted looking signal started 2 days ago. The bad part is no one replied to my: "is my signal ok?" request.

I kept checking that I had the right sideband although I knew that wasn't the problem. I knew I wasn't OVER DRIVING IT.

Now even though I've been doing JT for quite a while. (the magic of having a qso when you can't hear or even see that there is a signal intrigues me).

I've talked to Mr. JT a couple times and told him thanks for creating such a fun and magical mode.

So when I saw what I knew to be a distored display on my screen but couldn't get anyone to answer my question, I started looking for other reasons my screen was looking that way.

Finally just this afternoon, someone sent me a message telling me I sounded bad.

Thank Al, I never thought to suspect DAX, but will watch and see if I can find a connection between the problem and my Dax system. Still not sure how DAX would take part in this.

And if anyone reads this and hears me, PLEASE let me know if I'm sounding bad. I'm a big boy...I can take it, especially if it helps me figure our what I'm doing wrong.

I couldn't understand why the distortion I saw on my screen did not create any "bad signal, Distorted" type replys.  My xyl is always telling me how much of an idiot when I do the slighted thing wrong. I'm used to....

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Bill,

With JTx modes, it is much easier to ignore a bad signal than to try to get a polite message in the 13 character limit, that is probably why nobody got back to you. Do you use JTAlert? It allows text messaging between users - there is no way of telling if a sent message is going to ge 'received' by somebody running JTAlert though.

TBH, it is easier and better to trust what one sees in SSDR as it is very accurate ISTR the FRS chaps saying.

Best wishes for 2016.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you for the reply. I knew I had to be bad....If I could see it, I'm sure other could also. I don't know what caused it as my signal has returned to normal.
    One other Flex user said that it was a fault of DAC, the digital audio program Flex uses. It was the first time I'd ever seen such a distorted display in my scope.
    Now I know how to fix it and how to watch for it....probably won't happen again. LOL
    But I'm prepared if it does.
    Thanks for the message
    Hpy new Year and thanks again for the message

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.