Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Should I be using DIGU mode when operating WSJT 10 (not WSJT X) via DAX?

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Should I be using DIGU mode when operating WSJT 10 (not WSJT X) via DAX?

I made contacts yesterday on 50 MHz EME using JT65A but was using USB. Any advantage to using DIGU?

Bill AA7XT

Answers

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    A little extra bandwidth to the signal range. Of no real importance in WSJT mode. 
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    One thing that does make a difference is that in DIGU mode, transmit audio processing is bypassed, so EQ is not applied. Nice, flat response.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @ Bill

I am just curious why you are not using WSJT-X. I know next to nothing about EME, but WSJT-X is being actively developed and IIRC has got some new modes just for EME use.

I am asking just because I am honestly interested and not to stir anything up.

Regards

Guy
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No real reason other than WSJT 10 (not X) seems to be what all the other guys are using off the moon. 10 shows moon el and az angles, which I like. I also like the Echo mode, not sure it that's in X.

Is anyone out these using X for EME and if so how does it compare to 10?

Bill AA7XT
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Many thanks William. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Bill, if you haven't already, talk to Simon. He is big into eme. And to all, Merry Christmas and to all, happy new year.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    By all means try WSJT-X, I am using version 1.7.0.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Have you compared JT65 decoding of WSJT 10 and WSJT X?

Bill AA7XT
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    It is worth pointing out that v1.7 of WSJT-X (that contains additional EME features/protocols) is intended only for developer use. The latest released version is 1.6 and K1JT has actively stopped all binary distributions of 1.7 so you would generally need to compile it yourself using the JTSDK package. If you do, also keep an eye on the reflector as some recent versions have been pretty broken.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Can't say for EME, but 1.6 seems close to the performance of WSJT10. 1.7 is better, but still not finished, so would be very careful about using it on the air.
  • Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm using and compiling the latest 1.7.0 developer versions. I see no problem and the decoding of JT65 is a lot better than 1.6. I can decode 3 signals on the same frequency if that tells you something!

73, Cedric HB9HFN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.