Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Question - Hooking up an electret mic

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Maestro
I'm on the waiting list for a new Maestro and I am planning my accessories...

I intend to get a 2Q-lite Lightweight Boom Headset with an electret mic. The microphone connection is a two conductor, 1/8th inch phone plug.

There is a Yaesu compatible modular jack and a headset jack on the back of the Maestro. The only compatible modular jack adapter is the Heil, but I believe its microphone jack is designed for a dynamic microphone on most Heil headsets. Headset jacks are four conductors with a common, a right and left speaker and a single microphone input - no separate connection for power for electret microphone use.

Is the Maestro's Headset jack wired to supply 5 V directly thru the microphone input?

Any suggestions on the best way to connect an electret mic with a two conductor, 1/8th inch plug to the Maestro?

Thanks!

Roy, AC2GS

Answers

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Roy the 6000 series radios offer bias voltage(power ) on the audio ++ line controlled by the menue. This is the way your computer mic sand other electronic items typically power their elect condenser mics. Like Icom does. The mic you are talking about does it have A 1/8 inch two position plug for the mic if so you are home free the hiel adapter will work the power will be on the audio line.
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    http://www.2qlite.com/
    Comes with two 3.5mm mini plugs installed. Mono for the microphone and stereo for the head phones.
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Have i misread 2qlite's website - 'Why Spend For High Quality?' and a little further down the page 'Total cost is ($389.95)'.

If this is not a fortune for a $3 headset/mic, what is?
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    ...and instead of spending all that money for a 6700 ya could buy one of them there Baofengs for $30?

Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya choice...

What can I say, while I was waiting for my Maestro, I thought I'd buy myself something nice to go with it - I deserve it.

[It got a great review in QST - I'll tell you if it was worth the price and the trouble involved in purchasing it.]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.