Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WNB vs NB

Jon_KF2E
Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in New Ideas
I would like to suggest that Flex consider adding a NB option to SSDR in addition to the WNB. All they need to do is use the same algorithms that were used in PSDR. People could then have their choice of wide band blanking or a more targeted narrow band noise blanker.

Jon...kf2e

8 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I agree... My yaeus ftdx 3000 has both nb and wnb... some noise sources the nb works better than the wnb ..still waiting on my 6300... I will do a complete comparison..imhave plenty of noise sources to work with.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are looking into adding a narrow band (slice) NB to SmartSDR.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My Orion II had a hardware and DSP based NB and you could use one or the other or both. Some times one would work better depending on the noise.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.