Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

speech processor setting (FRS dev only pse)

Walt - KZ1F
Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR API
Somewhere  I recall reading the speech processor settings (in SmartSDR) being Normal, DX and DX+, equate to 0,1,2 internally. And, in fact, transmitter status shows this
"speech_processor_enable=1 speech_processor_level=2"

There are places in SmartSDR where tristate controls (those controls having 3 possible states) are explicitly checked in Flexlib for only those valid values, presumably 0, 1, 2, in this case.

However, this is not the case and the valid values for speech processor settings are 0-100 and, if negative set to zero and if > 100 set to 100.

My question is this:

Should the logic in anyone's bridge logic between a UI and the radio check solely for values, 0-2  OR do values greater than 2 have significant value? In other words, is there a use case for a value of 3 or 50 or 100?

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    I think the fact that you can set it to higher values is a holdover from the speech processor iteration before the current one. It probably should be checked in our code. I don't know what would happen if you set it higher, but needless to say it is undefined.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Eric,. I'll make that change in xpslib.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tim/Eric, you guys can mark this answered. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.