Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR IP ports?

N3NER
N3NER Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Does anyone know the ports that smartSDR interface communicates with the SDR are, in this case a 6300?  I'm referring to IP ports not com ports.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I would assume it uses Telnet either 23 or 80
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2017
    The IP ports are assigned by your router dynamically unless you set them manually. james WD5GWY
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I think you are referring to the I/P addresses not the ports.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    He's asking about UDP / TCP ports numbers folks.  No guessing!  Does anyone know the actual UDP and or TCP ports used by SmartSDR?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015

That is an interesting question in that no port forwarding is required on a router in order for data to pass through to the radio. They are probably doing some magic that I am unaware of.

Jim

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I just checked my firewall rules that get set during the install.  Darn thing has UDP and TCP ports set to ALL.   Too bad it isn't more specific.   I'd like to see the EXACT UDP and TCP ports defined in the firewall. 
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's an IP Address that gets assigned.  I believe he's asking about specific ports.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    They must be using an IP port, dynamic or static. 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ports are not dynamic or static, addresses are. The standard ports are TCP 4992 UDP 4991 and 4992
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I hate to tell you but Your wrong my friend.  Ports can be static if assigned within the application.  I know what the standard ports are and thats not what I was looking for,.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Without getting into a nomenclature battle, I think the OP was asking about ports that carry services, as opposed to addresses that identify devices. 

While we are at it, anyone know the port data for the OPUS streams from DAX? And a possible client to decode them on a remote machine?

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Excuse me? I actually just rewrote flexlib and SmartSDR and I've been doing tcp/ip communications since mid '80's, Ports below 1025 are reserved, 1025 and above are a free-for-all. That is not static verse dynamic, rather, reserved vs unreserved. Now, in the Microsoft world of XLANG and .COM, you'd have to talk to a microsoft person. In Flexlib, I gave you the answers, in TCP/IP I gave you the answers.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Your taking this out of contex so don't get your **** twisted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.