Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I’m dithering about which 6000-series to buy.

2»

Answers

• Joe - N7IV
    Joe - N7IV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Thanks for all the great comments and insights.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Joe
    If price is a factor, remember also that you might be able to sell off some off your existing non-SDR station, should you notice it's gathering dust from lack of use.
    The cash you free up, Should you decide to sell, might need to be factored into your thinking when deciding between the 3 Flexradio models. I still haven't sold my older rigs, I still enjoy them, but I could have afforded the 6700 If I'd factored in the difference. Two of my older rigs are Flexradios, I'm still not sure I'll ever part with them or the 6500 I bought. Then again I may at some point sell them all and buy a 6700. image
    You probably have already factored this in.  
     73, Jay - NO5J
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Welcome to Flex world, Joe.
    I am a Flex6500 user since 2013 fall and I feel very satisfied with it.  I completed WAS CW, Digital with Flex6500 since 2014 by lotw and am now looking for ND and WV on Ph to be confirmed by lotw to complete Triple Play.
    I hope I can contact you soon on phone.

73 de JI1BNU
    Ken Yamada
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Totally agree with your mother. Always buy the best and you will have few regrets Love my 6700. I suspect that if you buy a 6300 you will soon want to trade up.
  • Joe - N7IV
    Joe - N7IV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Ken,

North Dakota weather is brutal and most of my antennas are down for repair.  I expect to be back on the air in September.  Contact me then and I'll be happy to help you put ND in your log.

• Joe - N7IV
    Joe - N7IV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Jay,

Nice thought.  I have a nice S-Line, Drake Line, and other old stuff to sell.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.