Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro is in the Store!

2»

Comments

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Worst case scenario - can you pre-order on the dog and ****? :-)
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    After having some hands on time with Maestro at Dayton,  I am truly convinced this tool will take the 6000 series to a new dimension.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It would be very handy at an EOC where the rig could be mounted in the "Radio Equipment Room" and the Maestro mounted anywhere it is convenient, even moved to another room at the drip of a hat if needs arise.  I will be discussing this with our County Director of EMA, who is also a ham.
  • Bill Axelrod
    Bill Axelrod Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I will use it to operate from my back deck and on my treadmill.  And I ordered mine the first day.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am on the outside looking into the store window, drooling.
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I canceled my order.  I can't justify the cost of a Maestro and Flex 6000 yet.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Steve,
    I'm not positive but I think William was still looking for help with the two way audio on his Android app?   That would put the icing on the cake sort of speak!
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes we're working on the code -- I expect we'll have something in 4-8 weeks just depending on release schedules, etc.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Let's just hope that the focus on the core product is not lost. My 6500 is still missing many functions to be considered even close to equivalent functionality of its predecessor. At the time of purchase, we were led to believe this would come in a reasonable timeframe. That timeframe is now approaching the 2 year anniversary. We can look forward to Maestro and SO2R products, but let's not forget the core radio. Eric K2CB
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I haven't cancelled mine yet but more than likely will. Now that XPFlexLib is completed, I'll have XPSDR running on Android before Labor Day. It'll have something way better than knobs and dials.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    XPSDR ? XPFlexLib? after searching the community and google this is the only reference.

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It's gone by other, less neutral, names. XP stands for cross platform. Since SmartSDR was taken I needed another name. XPFlexlib is, to the best of my knowledge, a 100% functional equivalent to Flexlib, the basis of SSDR, SCat, probably a couple of other apps that FRS wrote. Anything FlexLib can do XPFlexLib can do. Some things I haven't vetted, like flashing the eprom. What I have already in development is a cross platform SmartSDR equivalent. It will look sufficiently different that it won't violate any legal issues but, for the most part, if you know how to navigate SmartSDR you will be able to navigage XPSDR, well, except for the new features. It will support things SmartSDR doesn't. But it will run on (virtually) any platform. I am not 100% sure of iPad and it will not run on iPhone. Although, it can be made to run on both. Search Linux. Although I am not married to Linux since it is my development environment, XPSDR will be running there first. I've already vetted it on Windows. They look identical save the OS specific decorations.

I am a Linux bigot and my singular biggest complaint about the 6000 series is it requires a Windows platform to run. All tolled, I have about 7 computers at home, all running Linux, several form an OpenStack cloud, which also runs Linux instances. I have an Android tablet, XPSDR (and XPFlexlib) will  run on it as well.

What I will eventually do is better document XPFlexLib and generate machine and human readable API doc then release the library and doc such that other developers can be freed from a Windows C# only environment should anybody choose to. That will likely occur early this fall.

I've been talking about this on and off for the better part of two years. I retired end of January so I really haven't been working on this in earnest until late Feb, except for notes and ideas and discussions with others. When I get closer to release I'll spin up another thread on here about it.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Also, by Labor Day I will, hopefully, figure out how to produce a semi-professional YouTube of it. I did one the other day and, as I was 'filming' it landscaped, the software didn't rotate it so it looked rather, um, unprofessional. Also, there has to be a way to generate directly from the screen as opposed to doing iPhone or Android recording of it. I have to figure that out as well.
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited June 2016
    Camtasia is the best for screen recordings , its expensive but there are free alternatives, check here

http://elearningindustry.com/top-10-free-camtasia-studio-alternatives

cheers
    Paul
    GI4FZD
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    try using cam studio software which allows you to record on a window clicked or even full screen. Video is in .avi format
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Will either be uploadable to YouTube?
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited June 2016
    youtube accepts avi files ok
    cheers
    Paul
    gi4fzd
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Terrific, thank you Paul and John
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    cam studio is free and is very easy to use, run it, select saving area, select recording option and click on the window you want to record. Simples!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WchMQAqWs4

Here we go. Let the games begin! Again, thanks Paul and John, Kazam runs on Linux. And thank you Nicole Allen. Now I have to get a mic for this machine. And this records multiple monitors which works out well as XPSDR uses multiple monitors...opps.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am closing this Praise Post because the topic has deviated from the original post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.