Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Introducing Maestro!

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Introducing Maestro - an intuitive, plug-and-play control console that directs operation of any FLEX-6000 Signature Series transceiver without need of a traditional PC.   Connect Maestro directly or through your local area network (LAN) to any FLEX6300, FLEX-6500 or FLEX-6700 transceiver and you are ready to operate.

Maestro harmoniously combines a high definition 8 inch touch display in concert with ergonomically designed controls to enhance ease of use and maximize workflow efficiency in virtually any SmartSDRTM application.

Maestro places the most frequently used controls directly at your fingertips.  Controls are labeled for intuitive operation and designed to minimize hand motion for the most common operations.  Occasionally used controls are easily accessible on the large touch screen display bypassing the complexity of multi-function buttons and multi-level menus found on most transceivers.  Like modern phones and tablets, capacitive touch control is provided on the large LCD display for intuitive pan, zoom, tune, and menu operation.
Ever wish you could monitor the bands or work DX from the comfort of your living room or out on the patio?  Now you can!  Maestro's small footprint and minimal wiring cleans up your operating position and lets you mount the radio virtually anywhere in the shack or around the house.    Its sleek, lightweight design makes it easy to carry or  pack.  An optional battery pack even lets you operate completely untethered.  Off the shelf VESA and VESA to RAM® adapters provide a wealth of mounting options.
19 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited March 2018
    Tim, will it work with wifi?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    YES!
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2015
    Very cool !
  • Jon - KJ8S
    Jon - KJ8S Member
    edited January 2020

Will it work over WAN remote when 2.0 is out?

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is the plan.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Does it have PPTP vpn capability? :):)
  • Jon - KJ8S
    Jon - KJ8S Member
    edited May 2015
    Fantastic!
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

When will it be available?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We are targeting Q4 1015
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Very cool. I'm wondering if this would work if I mount it in a car and tether it to my phone to use 4G data (when WAN is supported).

A few other questions:

1) Is the display glass?
    2) Is it multi-touch, so pinch/zoom on the panadapers would work?

Thanks!
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks...Tim.....I´m in Stand By list....hehehehe

Greetings Venezuela!!

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the new innovation.
    Looking forward for delivery in the 4th quarter. And I promise NOT to haggle you or Gerald for not delivering when promise!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    It has VESA mounts for possible vehicle mounting, but we'll have to make sure it can withstand road vibration and a few other mobile tests before saying for certain,

Q1 - yes.
    Q2 - yes
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    How do you envision Maestro interacting with 6700 and it's 8 panadapters, slices and dual Spectral Capture Units?

In the simplest example the Maestro could choose 2 of the eight possibilities.  Continuing to dream would be more complex capabilities of the SmartSDR family.

For example, will the user be allowed to send 2 panadapters and slices to Maestro and the other remaining panadapters and slices to another computer for auxiliary processing and display?

Another example would have several computers utilizing DAX data streams for processing the extra 6 slices while the Maestro would continue to work with two of the remaining panadapters, slices and waterfalls.

In any case, thank you for this wonderful addition to the SmartSDR product line!

Ted
    NX6C

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You do make some interesting typos.  The Normans could have used this communications.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016

Ted,

Some of this is TBD, but I'll try and answer your questions.

How do you envision Maestro interacting with 6700 and it's 8 panadapters, slices and dual Spectral Capture Units?

In the simplest example the Maestro could choose 2 of the eight possibilities.  Continuing to dream would be more complex capabilities of the SmartSDR family.

We have some opportunities here with the 6500 and 6700, but enhancements in slice, SCU and panadapter control are very possible.

For example, will the user be allowed to send 2 panadapters and slices to Maestro and the other remaining panadapters and slices to another computer for auxiliary processing and display?

Yes, we have plans to add this capability.

Another example would have several computers utilizing DAX data streams for processing the extra 6 slices while the Maestro would continue to work with two of the remaining panadapters, slices and waterfalls.

You can do that today with Maestro.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    This will keep me more than happy until a baby 6000 is available for portable use. Nice! Was not expecting this.
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, thanks!
    I've placed my (pre)order.

Ted, NX6C
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Priced $100!?
    Is not it too cheap?  It is the price of FlexControl!!  I wish my old FlexControl could have survived another 6 months.....
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    $999. The $100 is a deposit
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Ahhhh...
    Yes, it should be....

Thank you for correction.

• N7AIG
    N7AIG Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes... this could get an Icom fan interested. Finally, freedom from Windows !!
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    And on the seventh day, there were knobs.  :)
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I am impressed!

What about QSK operation in CW?

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Now that IS really cool!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Holy cow, that's even cooler than the previous comment!
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Sometimes forward looking comments are necessary.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Will a prototype be on show at the Friedrichshafen ham radio show next month?

Jeff - G4IUA
  • WB5CCO
    WB5CCO Member
    edited February 2016
    Pre-ordered.
  • EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    outstanding !!!.. pre-ordered from Spain

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.