Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any news about the progress of v1.5?

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't need any definite release date, but I want to hear about the progress of this scientific project, aka this algorithm did not work and trying the other, xx works better than PSDR, etc. etc.
Maybe just for my personal satisfaction that I am involving in the state-of-the-art project...

de JI1BNU

Answers

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    maybe FRS will surprise us with something around May 15, date for Dayton Hamfest?

new hardware, or alpha software, perhaps? 73, Takeshi

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You know they are always up to something!
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And so it starts
  • M0JUE
    M0JUE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Now a Date has been given, this is going to be fun.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What date?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    But Burt, if they do that there won't be anything to have a temper tantrum over this summer. I agree, late fall, maybe into Dec. If they are once again brow beaten into submission and release early, they'll be 0 for 3. People need to get a grip. I am sure FRS will let people know when it's ready. Unless they announce differently next month, that will be it for version 1. If there are regressions with it, yeah, that would be really bad.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All guesses, are as good as mine. It will happen when it happens, and not a second before, or after! I bet my guess turns out to be correct. But that's also a guess!image
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ya know what they say too, "Waiting makes the heart grow fonder". Awwww
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Word on the street is it will be released when the **** lady sings
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Good plan ... stay on course.

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Steve, just a question, what is real dynamic range signals of the DAX channels ?
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Gosh I'd have to go do some research to tell you the answer to this.  What I can tell you is that the native dynamic range of the DAX data that travels from the radio to the computer over Ethernet is exactly equivalent to the dynamic range of the radio.  BUT Windows sound cards do not have that dynamic range so you lose some going through Windows.  This is one of the reasons I'd like to see software programs take the data directly from the radio instead of from Windows sound cards.   I realize this takes effort...

Steve
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Got it, thank you, this is exactly what I mean, especially for modes like WSJt it make sense.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Thank you Steve.
    That is what I expected.
    I am looking forward to seeing new NF/ANF and NB...
  • Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Any timeline when we may have ATU memories?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That's a good idea Rick, why not add it as an idea and folks can like it. That way when FRS does it's backlog pruning (yes, technical term) they'll have an idea of market place interest in it.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Rick, Tim said they are planed, But he didn't know witch release it will be in. Maybe they will update were it is in the plans. Tim said that 6 months ago, things may have changed.
  • KD4Y
    KD4Y Member
    edited April 2015
    Please Remember the APF function in CW! Would like to see adjustable Q if possable. Ver 1.4.3 is not as good as 1.3.8

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    KD4Y
    Yes, here is a link to the APF suggestion / idea to add more user control.....

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/ssdr_v1_2_apf_could_use_more_gain_it_seems_diminish...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Frankly, bring new to the 6300 w/ATU, I was a bit shocked that it didn't have ATU memories.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    All part of the software development. as 1.4 is done hope it won't be long now.
  • KD4Y
    KD4Y Member
    edited April 2015
    Perfect Al, lets hope the guys at Flex look into this. Love my 6500 on CW.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I'm going to sit back and wait for SmartSDR 1.4.4 and the changes it will make.
    1.5 isn't being worked on now. 1.4.4 is. image
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    Your comment is incorrect, Jay.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steve, So there won't be a 1.4.4. Ok what will it be called then. This thing your are releasing next? image Might it just be what it "is" when it "is" ?image
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    The incorrect comment was about v1.5. We are working on v1.5.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    True, but your not avoiding work on 2.0. Am I right about that?image
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This is like Deja Vu. Has 1.4.3 even been out a month yet?

I think the meta message you, those busting a mu for the next 'thing' are sending to FRS is you simply cannot be pleased.

Guys, I am sure the folks at FRS would like to get 1.4.3.1 (or whatever) out almost as much as they'd like to get it out right. People should just back the frack off and let them do their job. We're the customers, not the employers.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Walt, may i beg to differ??

i consider gerald, steve, tim, & all the gurus on Howard Lane to be on the payroll...

JM2C...flame suit on..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.