Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The beat goes on ...

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
Well, I set up my Elecraft XV144 transverter with the 6300 yesterday and it's working well! Only one minor glitch. I am using a SB-200 amplifier with my 6300 also. The amp and the transverter both need to be keyed by the rig (though not at the same time, of course). So ..... I used a Y phono connector out the back of the Relay Keying plug on the back of the 6300 sending a phono plug to the SB-200 (which had been modified to use a relay circuit compatible with newer rigs ) and also sending a phono plug to the transverter. The only minor glitch was that I need to remember to put the SB-200 in Stand-By (another mod that was done on the SB-200) when I am using the transverter or the relay won't be activated in the transverter hihi No big thing after I figured out that out. Anyhow, the transverter works perfectly with my 6300 and I also played with the REMOTE feature built into SmartSDR over my local LAN and monitored (and had several QSO's) on the nearby 2mtr repeater from my easy chair in the living room on my 7" Windows 8.1 tablet. My Baofeng 2mtr HT won't hit the repeater reliably BUT with the tablet and the SmartSDR remote function I can stay connected and get into the repeater FB -- and using the built in mic on the tablet. The remote operation worked well with ONE slice open but was very fragile with 2 slices. So, I just run one slice at a time. That could be because of lack of video horsepower (or CPU) on the tablet - or even the wireless LAN which has other gadgets using it also. Anyway, really having a lot of fun with the 6300 and really pleased with what I have seen so far :-) ---Gary WB8ROL

Comments

• Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited May 2019
    Gary,

I'm running the same XV144, also XV432 along with a KPA500 (Elecraft HF amp). I run these through a sequencer, in my case a DEMI (Down East Microwave, Inc).  So if you decide to expand to more transverters or HF amp, you might think about this approach.

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com

Tom  W4TMW
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tom I know of a few that use them, really slick. They seem to work well.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Followed your link to DEMI (Use their 2M amp on 6700) and I now know the cost of a sequencer.  Can you expand on how to use on a Flex, especially without any band info coming from the Flex?

Kept looking and came up with the manual at http://01895fa.netsolhost.com/PDF/Manuals/TRS.pdf

• Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited April 2015
    Hello Stan,

My 6300 PTT line connects to the sequencer to key the HF amp and the VHF XVTR PTT line connects to another port of the sequencer to key my VHF amp. I can be more specific if you want.

Tom
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks Tom,

I thought the sequencer's purpose was to permit keying either the HF amp OR the 2M amp (on the XVTR port) .  Oh, you have a 6300.  It seems the sequencer is equivalent to the TR ports on the 6500/6700 where both the HF amp and XVTR amp are still both always keyed.

The problem remains how to key either but not both amps.  Specifically, in my case, how to not key the 2M amp while on HF.

Stan

• Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited April 2015
    Stan,
    I don't own either the 6500 or 6700 but would find it strange they would be different from the 6300 in that respect. Maybe someone else can clarify.
    Tom
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited April 2015

With a USB-8 relay card and DDUtil You can have 8 diiferent PA's / XVTR's controlled with just one PTT line from the FLEX.   If necesary You can easy control 16 devices with DDUtil and the LPT port.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.