Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v 1.4--

Stephen Linton
Stephen Linton Member ✭✭
v1.4  any news?

Answers

• PD1CT
    PD1CT Member
    edited February 2015
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I think when Steve said by Jan, 31, he meant 2016.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Orlando hamfest feedback I've heard seems it might be longer than some are willing to admit to. I hope the feedback is wrong. On the otherhand, I'll appreciate a stable release when it is released.
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    jim you'll ve lucky, their a joke outfit.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    No. My 6500 is a far better performing radio than my 5000 ever was. While the 5000 was maturuing we had the same negativity. I do believe that more honest disclosure by Flex would go a long way.
  • Stephen Linton
    Stephen Linton Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    we spend tthousands on a few curcuit boards and are treated like mushrooms
  • SteveJ
    SteveJ Member
    edited February 2015
    Here you go again Burt. This forum is NOT an English course. Get over it!
  • M0JUE
    M0JUE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Sell the flex and buy a ANAN much better.
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just heard Dudley, on the net, say that they do plan on including FreeDV in 1.4, contrary to what was mentioned earlier
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    They were demoing Free DV as part of the Alpha yesterday at Yuma
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    I would hate to see the release for 1.5 they have lost a lot of customers with this delay
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What is FreeDV?
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Jim, go to freedv.org  It is a digital voice mode with an open source CODEC.  Nice technology.

• Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Tony, the 6500 is my first SDR.  I am very satisfied for it.  There is nothing like seeing the signal and having tight filters for improving your ability to hear the signal.  I like being able to see exactly where and how wide to place the tracking notch filters to make it easier in QRM.  I will never go back to operating blind.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    @Burt
    I think I read somewhere you used to teach school...
    I bet you were a grammar teacher
    In which case, even though G4YDO speaks "The Queen's English", I suspect that he has met his match with you Burt!

Hi Hi!!!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    They were demoing the Alpha of V1.4 at the Yuma Hamfest yesterday. 

it looked like it was working very well indeed with no visible glitches.That said, there is a lot of stuff going on under the hood that is invisible to the average user that needs to be stress tested and in some cases fixed before it can be released.

Bottom Line...  Flex will release it when it's ready for Prime Time.

Most of us have had the displeasure of traveling with young children (before the iPad kept the occupied) so you already know that continually asking "when will we be there" or complaining "why does it tale so long to get there" wont cause us to get there any sooner.
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    v1.4  any news?
    Yes, there is.  But we all got together and decided not to tell you.  And Flex decided to keep it secret and not post anything on their web site... and decided it was a better idea to wait for someone to ask.

I'm just amazed: You know that the **** that goes on here would never fly on most Internet forums. You guys know that, right?  And you just decide to take advantage...
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    They should have stopped about dates from v1.5 and not suddenly during the development of 1.4. It has been 'running well' and 'one more bug to go' for at least a couple of weeks now. Sudden silence is a big mistake. IMHO, if it is good enough to be a star of a video, good enough to run all night with 8 slices/panadaptors and to show off at conventions, it is worthy of at lease a final RC release for those that want to take the risk.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It was stated, officially, that not only was FreeDV going to be pulled, but also the (forget the name) API that was to allow 3rd parties to integrate different modes.

FRS has taken this silence thing waaayyy too far and they should reconsider staying so schtum. Be vague about release dates by all means, but don't say one thing officially and then have rumours inferring that you are doing the opposite.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Guy

Personally I applaud their silence as saying anything then not delivering it because some unknown bit them in the **** at the last minute would be far more harmful than saying nothing.  Anyways why give the whiners more ammunition...

Releasing a a buggy release to the Wild will only delay the final release while they devote far too many resources dealing with the complaints that it should not have been released with bugs

• James Whiteway
    edited September 2018
    Folks, it's only software and it's not life changing at that. The radios work fine. And once the next release does show up, I'm betting there will be plenty of howling no matter how good it is.
    Enjoy what you have, it will get better. Go play radio!!!
    james
    WD5GWY

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I may be right, I think Flex has added something at the last moment, that is why It is not out yet, FreeDv was supposed to held off till later, but sounds like they included it in 1.4
    So the delay makes sense.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Oh, Tony, how many customers did they lose? It sounds like you know. Tell us
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Guy because of the big mouths they are not saying anything. You have to know anything they say will be turned against them. Good for Flex...
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I think some will be amazed, some won't, some will be satisfied, some won't, some will keep their rigs, some won't, some will survive, some won't, some will be right, some won't, some will figure it out, some won't, some will complain regardless. 

I've paid attention, some don't image

Jay - NO5J
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2015
    Could you repeat that?

• Stephen Linton
    Stephen Linton Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Please don't
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I agree with you Bill, but they should have started with v1.5 and not suddenly gone quiet towards then of the dev of 1.4. That was their BIG mistake. They dropped dates, then gave official bits of info (mentioned above) giving the impression of 1.4 being almost readyand then gone totally quiet and rumours are taking over. Bad timing pure and simple.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Very bad timing as per my posts above Howard. There had been one bug left to fix I read 2-3 weeks ago, unless it has all gone pear-shaped and they have had to start again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.