Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Saving Recorded Audio ?

Lee - N2LEE
Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I know ssdr does not allow you to save recorded audio to a file but there must be a way to use DAX to redirect the playback to another app.

I was able to figure out how to record audio using DAX to an external app by redirecting DAX Audio RX 1 but how do you redirect audio playback to another recording app ?

I tried changing Audacity input to DAX TX audio but that is listed as reserved and does not work.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Lee

Answers

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017

Nevermind my comment. Apparently, I misread your post. Sorry!

• Jim Hawkins / K2JHV
    edited January 2015
    I have Audacity set as follows:
    Windows WASAPI
    And the input to "DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1 (DAX RX Audio) (loopback)
    Output on my machine is set to: "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)"  (for playback)

It works.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Jim, can you clarify a few things for me ?

1. When you playback audio recorded with SmartSDR you can capture it with Audacity ?

I have DAX set to Channel 1
    Audacity input set to DAX Audio RX 1

This will let me record directly via Audacity BUT when I playback audio that I RECORDED via SSDR it does not show up in Audacity.

• Jim Hawkins / K2JHV
    edited December 2015
    I just tried recording the playback on SSDR on Audacity and it worked.
    Set the Audacity output to "DAX Audio TX 1 (DAX TX Audio)" and you can play it back through SSDR provided the DAX button is depressed and the DAX control panel has TX on.  I just tried it and it worked.

It looks like I would have to fiddle with levels because the recording is very low in volume when I tried it.  In other words, In order to playback at the same level you received it, you have to make some adjustments.  It's a bit awkward.  I had to shrink the SSDR screen "up" and Squeeze the Audacity window under it so I could control everything.

Hope that helps.  --Jim - K2JHV
    PS:  The file recording and playback that was on my Flex-3000 was so convenient and that's an important feature FlexRadio should put back into the 6000 series.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.