Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Fails to Start

K9DUR
K9DUR Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Ever since I got my FLEX-6700 back from the PEN, SmartSDR v1.3.8 has not been as stable as it was before the hardware upgrade.

Previously, I could lave the radio powered on 24/7, only shutting down the client.  Now, if I shut down the client & leave the radio powered on for an undetermined period of time, the client will crash on startup with the error screen shown in the picture.  The main error message is "Safe handle has been closed".  To recover, I have to turn the radio off & back on again.

I have not determined the length of time the radio must be idle for this to occur.  Usually I an away from the radio for an hour or more. 

I just finished a week of operating W1AW/9.  This involved several 2-hour shifts of nearly continuous operating.  The problem never occurred while I was actively using the radio, only when I shut down the client & come back later.

73, Ray, K9DUR

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Ray - The UHE indicates a serial IO issue.  Manually set the com port for your FlexControl to a very high value, like com100.  Here is the instructions on how to do it http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202479329-How-to-Change-the-Com-Port-Assignment-for-...
  • James T. Whitehead
    James T. Whitehead Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Tim you are amazing with your support and knowledge of Flex Products - this weekend you saved me with the 10 meter contest - I was having a fuse notice shutdown - you pointed me in the correct direction pointing out a potential power supply issue - you hit it right on the head!!!
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Tim,

I changed the FlexControl port to COM100 & have run for several days now with no issues.  Thanks.

73, Ray, K9DUR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.