Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New User

Terry K8EET
Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My Flex 6500 works on my old laptop. It does not show up in my Smart SDR "Select Radio" Window. Tech support told me to turn off the dc to my radio. Re-boot my computer and wait until it was up and running and then open Smart SDR. What do I try next? 

Comments

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are you connected to your computer directly or through a network?  If you're going through a router, look to see that your radio is being seen by your network.  You may want to try connecting your Ethernet cable directly from the radio to the computer if it isn't already to eliminate the network issues.

Once you have the radio working when it's connected directly, you can put it back on the network and troubleshoot until it comes up.

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Radio is hooked directly to the computer.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Is your old laptop turned off? It may be interfering with the new computer's setup. You might need to do a "persistence reset" by pressing and holding the OK button while powering up the rig. But beware... You will need to restore all of your profiles after you do this.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If LAN cable direct connected from Flex to Laptop and as you told .... my old laptop - you need a cross patch LAN cable. New PC LAN interface do it automatically.
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Terry I had the same issue when going directly to the PC...It is an IP address issue... I put a simple 4 port hub router between the PC and radio and problem solved...
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    True, Chris.  Some very old ethernet cards did not automatically sense a cross-over connection.  Most recent (5-10 years or less) will automatically sense the condition and adjust for it.

So your suggestion to try a different cable has merit.  In any case, his cable might be bad as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.