Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR stops transmitting

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
New problem cropped up recently in SSB mode, SSDR will not transmit after working for a while. Just now I had VU4KV come back to me on 10m SSB. This would have been my 10m DXCC country number 330. However when I went to give him his report nothing happened I tried to transmit (other the radio muting).  He called for AA7XT several times. The linear did not key and there was no tx audio.

I had to restart SSDR three times (kept restarting wihtout any slices) before I could try again.

I was not able to work VU4KV on 10m even though I kept trying. THIS IS EXTREMELY FUSTRATING! How many more opportunities to work VU4 on 10m this solar cycle?

Anyone else have this issue? 

Bill AA7XT

Comments

• ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Bill, I have had this happen a few times and if I click "TUNE" then everything is back to normal. Also make sure the red TX is still on as it is easy to accidentally click it off, but then you get an error message on the lower right of the screen. Don
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the tip, Don.

I'm crying over missing VU4KV after he came to me several times!

Bill

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Sorry to hear that, Bill.  It remineds me of the time I missed a rare one calling me because some guy kept calling on the frequency and some other guy was yelling, "Up, up, up!".  I found out I missed it when someone else told me what happened.

I have been using my 6300 for months now and still get faked out now and then by the lack of a transmit indicator in a slice.  Either that, or I am still transmitting on the B slice long after I have tuned away on the A slice.

You are not alone, my friend.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is a frustrating problem
    I also had this problem and did a trouble ticket and heard back from Dudley who said at the time no one else had reported this problem. 
    Anyway in our correspondence he suggested go back to 1.3.0 which after a FULL uninstall including the CAT program a computer reboot and a HARD reset on the 6700 everything worked normally,
     I then decided to go back to 1.3.8 after several days of testing things and I did the same process of doing a full uninstall of SmartSDR and the CAT program and a computer reboot and a radio HARD reset and re-install 1.3.8 then rebooting the computer and then bringing the 6700 on line and running the update I again did a HARD reset on the 6700 and have NOT had the TX problem come back YET so I hope they indeed find the problem and fix it in 1.4.0 but we'll see I guess.

Bret

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I also have a similar issue and I know it is not operator error. Often the 'auto' is set in the display colour section and I know it is not operator error as I never set it that way - I do not like it and never touch the button (except to deactivate it), but there it is, often lit after changing band. Happens with other settings too.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had several instances where hitting the footswitch in SSB or starting to send with FLDigi the rig goes into transmit mode, but sends no signal.  Upon return to RX, if I hit the transmit again it will send just fine.  At first I thought it was a bad connection or "contact bounce" on a cheap footswitch PTT.  But I replaced the footswitch with a quality one and it still happens a few times in a several hour shift.  It has also happened on Digi when the computer is sending TX commands via the CAT port.

I suspect the TX command is hitting at just the "right" time when the control line is not being scanned by the software because it is looking at something else?

In any case, I have learned to look at the monitor to see if there is any deflection of the power meter or panadapter trace before I launch into a long-winded transmission.  There have been a few times that I have missed contest exchanges because I only thought I was transmitting, or sent a long transmission in a round table rag-chew only to return to RX and have people asking "Where did you go?"
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have noted the same problem with my 6700 and SSDR 1.3.8. I occasionally start to send RTTY using N1MM Logger + and notice that the rig is in transmit mode but there is no signal produced. If I try the transmission a second time, success.

I thought it was something I was doing but it has happened so often during the last two weeks I am sure it is with SSDR. I have been on the air very often during this period so I am seeing it more prominently.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Happened to me last weekend with my 6300. Tx light was on at top of slice, only one slice open, and neither foot switch nor cw key was producing a tx rf via my power master and neither was the amp keying . I reloaded sdr a few times and rebooted the radio twice before I got ptt back. 1.3.8 used from new last month.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    should have added that neither did hitting the tune button work either, as well as trying the mox button and the cw key

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.