Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does WSJT-X work with SSDR?

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have Googled WSJT-X and Smart SDR but can't find any info that seems applicable to the current version of WSJT-X. There is no reference to 'Flex' in the current WSJT-X documentation, either, even though 'FlexRadio 6xxx' is an option in WSJT-X Radio Setup.

I can't get WSJT-X to track SSDR VFO frequency. I am getting decodes. I have not tried transmitting yet.

Here is my setup:

Flex 6700
SSDR and SSDR CAT 1.3.8.0
WSJT 1.4.0-rc2
Using DIGU mode with filter opened to 5 kHz
DAX Channel 1 for rx and tx n Slice A
i7 PC running Win 7 64 Bit with all updates
8 physical serial ports, connect to 3rd Party Program on Port COM9

When I select Test CAT in WSJT-X I get the error message "Rig Failure  Hamlib error: Invalid Configuration while opening connection to rig"

What do I have mis-configured?

Bill AA7XT

Answers

• William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Forgot the screen cap, here it is

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Rc2 has some CAT issues that are being addressed. Recommend you use version 1.3 until 1.4 final version is released.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    It works fine with Ssdr but I add DDutil to the mix
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    how do you add DDUtil to the mix, Andrew?

Bill
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    As my dear friend George said;
    Used v1.3 or you could continue to use 1.4. However, you will need to use the Kenwood TS2000, instead of the Flex radio for WSJT setup.  Also you will need to switch from DIGI to SSB on the Flex radio to activate VOX and DAX.
    I am using it that way and after a while you get use to it.  And the big plus;  is that I set the same DAX channels for DM780/WSJT to operate  RTTY/PSK etc... I just have to click over to WSJT or DM780. In other words I switch back and forward when I see station of interest.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ernest - I did the setup exactly as you specified however I get an error message when selecting Test CAT. See pic below:

• George O'Brien
    edited November 2014
    William, in my setup the CAT port is COM4 because it refers to SmartCAT which is on COM4. BTW this works for me without DDUTIL. I add DDUTIL to control my SteppIR but SmartCAT controls the rig frequency without any other help.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    William,
    Click the OKAY, the setup comes up again... Just close it and you are ready to transmit...
    here are more Snipping...imageimageimage
  • George O'Brien
    edited November 2014

Here is a screen capture of the SmartSDR CAT and the WSJT-X setup windows.  Note: I added the virtual port pair of COM4 - COM14 using SmartSDR CAT before I assigned COM4 to the CAT port in WSJT-X.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
      For some reason, WSJT-X V1.4 requires that you have both an A slice AND a B Slice open..

AL, K0VM
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Not on my system Al.
    I'm just running Slice A
    WSJT-X 2.4.0 rc2
    JTALERT 2.5.3

Like shooting fish in a barrel.
    with automatic logging to DXLabs log program DXKeeper
    JTAlert also checks the decodes for band, worked before which mode etc. etc.
    one mouse click qsy via WSJT-x to my SmartSDR
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    WSJT-X v1.4.0-rcs now working - key was using DXLab Commander to control SSDR and also getting latest beta

Tnx all for help!

Bill AA7XT
  • Alexander Kaldin  rw6ab
    edited November 2014
     Вы должны использовать Omni Rig 1 де rw6ab

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.