Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR 1.3.8 Throws Exception and Crashes

Andy
Andy Member
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

• Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I've had that happen to me once, but not sure why...overnight then in the morning I had a monitor clear full of exception tabs/windows. Lost connections, all that stuff. haven't been able to expand on the theory, other than the machine had also done some updating during the night sometime.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This topic has been solved in Zendesk
  • Michael - OZ1MDF
    edited December 2016
    Thats great !
    Your comment does however leave behind more questions than answers.
    It might be interesting to the general public what the problem was all about, and how it was solved. If the issue is solvable by performing actions by the user, its description and solution should also be on the Wiki for future reference IMHO.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Sorry, but this message was auto generated from the HelpDesk due to a HelpDesk software glitch.  The issue was a Windows com port conflict with a USB comport driver that caused SmartSDR to crash when the FlexControl tried to initialize. This issue was specific to this particular customer's PC configuration and was resolved by one of our support engineers, not the customer.

If the issue was systemic and the mitigating action resolved the issue reliably, we would have shared the information publicly.

Since the Community is for user based support and not for customer specific troubleshooting by the FlexRadio support staff, if you experience problems where SmartSDR is crashing, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket via our HelpDesk for expedited resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.