Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wifi conectivity

Kes-m0pkz
Kes-m0pkz Member ✭✭
Hi, 
Looking to get one of the flex-6300 . And would like use fully remote via wifi at home. How easy would be to do this? I hope don't need to use skype etc. to get voice over separately? As flex got already sound card!? I presume just need fast wifi hub ?

Regards, Kes m0pkz

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The next release of SSDR due next week will allow remote operation over your local network. You should be able to access it via wifi. Of course, having fast wifi is always a good thing.

Jon...kf2e
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Having fast wi-fi that doesn't drop network packets is a must.
  • Kevin Wallace
    Kevin Wallace Member
    edited October 2014
    Are there specific routers you've tested against that have been problematic? Or, better yet, which router(s) have you used and had good success with?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    We do not do any specific testing performance on wi-fi routers.  I would recommend a 802.1n router.  I am using a NetGear WNDR3400.

Wireless signal performance is dependent on the environment it is used in; the distance away from the router, the materials in the walls, signal reflections (multipathing) and attenuation.  What I am essentially saying is that "your mileage will vary".
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    One issue that FRS may not be aware of, courtesy of the FCC. This may have support implications.

Many WiFi routers are being deliberately crippled as the FCC does not want the end user to be able to change the locale. All routers are being locked down and not just those for the US market.

Mix into that manufacturers who do not localise their routers correctly (yes Asus, I'm pointing the finger at you) so that only 4 channels on 5GHz are available at half the max licensed power, instead of 14 channels at the correct power for UK).
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This is to make it easier for GCHQ to monitor your traffic.

Stu K6TU
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All those antennas at Cheltenham are pointed right at Guy. ;-)

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I used to be paranoid, but now I *know* they are after me, gulp.
  • Kes-m0pkz
    Kes-m0pkz Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Thank's Jon. Look's promising with new software. Also what router better to chose and should I better upgrade my laptop wifi card to get much faster? Or n type more then enough?
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I did a quick and dirty test. My router is an Apple Time Capsule. My laptop is HP with an I7 running. Windows 7. Receiving worked FB with 1.3.8. I didn't try tx. To hear though the laptop speakers, I set up. DAX channel on the slice, the wen into the Windows audio control panel and set it up to lister to that DAX channel.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Kes, personally if I were buying a new router I would buy one that supports 802.11ac. They are backward compatible with a,b,n and are really the standard for high performance today. You probably don't need to replace the wifi in your laptop but if you need more bandwidth in the future you can then upgrade the laptop and the router will ready for it.

Jon...kf2e
  • Kes-m0pkz
    Kes-m0pkz Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Jon, is the wi-fi function working?
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Kes, What wifi function are you referring to?

Jon...kf2e
  • Kes-m0pkz
    Kes-m0pkz Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Hi Jon, see my first topic...i'm looking to make fully wifi remote control on my laptop. Flex-6300 with wifi point and access from laptop. Your replay before: The next release of SSDR due next week will allow remote operation over your local network. You should be able to access it via wifi. Of course, having fast wifi is always a good thing. So this function is up and running now? Regards, Kes
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    No, unfortunately the release of 1.4 has been delayed(again). I believe the current guess is the end of January.

Jon...kf2e

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.