Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tune power level

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I think the time has come to nail this problem once and for all.

I set my tune power to 20W and I would like it to stay there. I am doing a lot of JT65 at the moment and my power max is 35W, which is what the tune power gets set to. Funnily enough, it often drops to 10W, which is a level I do not use.

If I were using 100W, that is what I would end sending up the spout to an horrendous mismatch.

Comments

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Just a thought but I have noticed that each mode seems to have it's own "tune" power. I think that just complicates things. Also, if you click "TUNE" and adjust the RF Power it over rides the "Settings/Transmit/Tune Power" entry and it is then saved which could cause confusion. I think whatever you enter into "Settings" should be saved in memory and only changeable from there. 

I use TUNE to activate my remote auto-tuner and accidentally sending it 100 watts is not a good thing!

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    There may be a bit more to it than that. I just noticed that my TX power slide had gone up to 100W (slider always set @ 40 for JT65 - 30/35 W output) and my tune power was 10 (instead of 20).

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Are you running DDUtil and have Auto-levels enabled?
    Stu K6TU
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    No. I do not run it routinely.

Thanks, Guy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.