Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for tips on using MMTTY with SSDR

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Looking for tips on using MMTTY with SSDR

I have got MMTTY working with SSDR and am keying via SmartCAT.

A few issues:

(1) I am not hearing my tx audio, MON button is selected (using DAX to connect to MMTTY rx and tx)

(2) For lack of a RTTY mode in SSDR I am using DIGL. I changed the mark tone to 1415 Hz in MMTTY so that the rx signal is centered in the DIGL passband (did I do the math right?). Will my 'VFO frequency" still be correct when spotting stations?

Bill AA7XT

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Last I checked, Flex has not added a feature that lets you hear your transmitted audio via SmartSDR.  You can do it via an adjustment to your PC's audio device settings.  I can't remember how to do it but i was able to do it via someone's advice in this forum around
     5 months ago. 
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
      For the VFO to be correct for spotting/click tuning, you need to enable and set RIT and XIT offset equal to your AFSK Mark frequency.

AL, K0VM
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I agree, SSDR needs real RTTY support, not something that has to be cobbled together as "just another digital mode" even though it is that.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Al -- When set the XIT and RIT to 2125 Hz the received RTTY signal is outside of the MMTTY passband. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I just discovered that setting MMTTY Mark to 1415 Hz only changes the received frequency and results in me transmitting on the wrong freq.

-----

Frustrating!   Does anyone have a "RTTY on SSDR For Dummies" document I can read? I want to use MMTTY and report the correct frequency on packet spots.

Bill
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Bill Turn off afc in mmtty so it will not try and fine tune the freq. mmtty and what you set for the SSDR filter have to match. Change the rit and sit to 1415 vice 2125. Greg
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Sorry...**** auto correct... Change XIT and RIT to 1415 since that is what you have mmtty set to.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    "Does anyone have a "RTTY on SSDR For Dummies" document I can read?"

Use Fldigi, hi hi.
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I would like to try fldigi but I have COM1 to COM8 assigned to physical serial ports and I can't get fldigi to connect at COM9 or higher
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    RIT and XIT + or = 1415 Hz?

Tnx for info
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Can you change the numbering of your physical ports to make room for Fldigi? Just a thought. I do not know if you are aware, but WinWarbler can use the MMTTY and 2Tone demodulating engines and looks much more modern.

Good luck.

Guy
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Just change the numbering of the physical port from say Port 4 to Port 9
    easy to do

Just go into Device Manager
    Select Port 4
    Go to Advanced
    Change Port Number 4 to Port 9
    Save
    reboot the computer

it should now show as Port 9

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.