Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX hiccup

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
DAX 1.3.8.126

Last night all working well. Power up tonight and cannot get sound out
of DAX 1 which I was using last night perfectly. The only way I can get
sound out of DAX is to change the channel from 1 to 2. There is nothing I can do to make DAX 1 work. How can it work okay for as couple of days and not now? This is very frustrating to say the least. I have closed DAX and reloaded DAX, shut down the rig etc etc in various combinations for the past *hour* with no joy. I have checked and rechecked settings and the settings for both DAX 1 and 2 are identical. I can see the audio stream in DAX 1, but the bar meter in recording devices does not move. I select DAX 2 and that bar graph lights up and I get sound. When DAX 1 is selected, the DAX Reserved Audio RX1 does show audio activity.

What is going on?

Comments

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited December 2018
    Do you mean receive on DAX 1 or Transmit via DAX !
    If transmit, make sure the RED TX in the DAX Control Panel is enabled.
    Good luck
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    Did you reboot the PC?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Update:- Both now suddenly working. I was writing what was below the line when I noticed this. I have rebooted numerous times tonight and tried everything that I have read here. Like I said earlier, working okay last night and probs today. What could be causing this? I am happy to troubleshoot as much as you like. I can clone my OS partition and run whatever tests you like and can supply any config info you require. Please let me help you to help me. Is witchcraft involved, hi hi?
    ----------------------------------
    Yes, several times. I have just rebooted again as now both DAX 1 & 2 no longer work.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Receiving via DAX was the problem. I like to listen to my audio via my PC with DAX. I use JTAlert and it sends audio to my soundcard and I listen to my 6300 at the same time so can hear both. If I listen via the radio, I miss the JTAlert audio alerts. It is very frustration when something works one day and does not the next immediately the PC/radio is turned on. Computers must not win, hi hi.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I just leave everything running all the time I traveled six weeks did not reboot once. And did not turn off the radio Yet I was able to remote into the system continuously Probably save a lot of heart ache From reboot glitches.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Guy - please use your open HelpDesk ticket for continued troubleshooting.  Thank you.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Okay, will do Tim. Sorry for the double posting.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    No problem.  I check the HelpDesk tickets a lot more frequently than the Community throughout the day.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.