Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panfall out of sync with signal

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
using SmartSDR v1.3.8.126 The top half of the panfall screen keeps going out of sync with the bottom half. When this occurs the bottom half seems to be on frequency and showing a waterfall trace consistent with the signal being received however the top half of the display will show no signal on that frequency.

Didn't notice this on v1.3 Is this a known issue and if so is there a fix? Changing bands fixes things for a few minutes but then the problem crops back up. 73 Bill AA7XT

Comments

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have a similar problem which I see on 6 metres I haven't checked on other bands).
    I  hear a signal but the trace on either the waterfall or Panadapter is up to five seconds behind. I have been looking for an explanation but so far, have not come up with one. I don't know if it is the same phenomenon but after a station has stopped transmitting, I will see a ghost image that comes and goes but has an apparent strength which almost fills the screen vertically. Neither of these occurred prior to the latest update.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Can you get a screen capture  and post it ?
    AL, K0VM
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I had the same problem with my initial install of 1.3.8.  I thought it was a driver problem with my graphics card (I've been fighting those), but after doing a factory reset and a clean reinstall of SSDR, the problem vanished.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We have been made aware of this issue and it is in our bug tracker for additional investigation.  Thank you for the report.
  • Carl/K5HK
    Carl/K5HK Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Just loaded update and about 2 seconds behind realtime for panfall...really makes pileup finding a problem.   Hope next upgrade or intermediate fix to this soonest.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Carl,
      Do you mean that the Waterfall lags the panadpter, or the the Waterfall lag the 6x00 RX audio or the Waterfall RX audio from another radio ?? I do not see lag in the waterfall here on my 6500.

Al, K0VM
  • Carl/K5HK
    Carl/K5HK Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    No they seem to be about in sync but about 2 seconds behind keying.  Audio is okay just that hard to spot working frequency of split dx operations.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Same issue here on my new 6300. Isn't there all of the time but it does make pile up searching very difficult on cw. Hope a quick fix is found.
  • Carl/K5HK
    Carl/K5HK Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Didn't think I was alone with this problem...serious for us dxers.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.