Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Listening to different slices

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is what I am trying to do. One slice on 7.040 and another on 7.0.70. I have done it and and a different DAX channel for each slice and I can see audio on each channel. I am doing this to monitor all regions' PSK frequencies.

How can I hear each slice? No matter what I do, I can only hear slice 'A' though my headphones and not slice 'B'. It does not make any difference which slice is active or which has TX selected. I have searched the manual and this forum and am stuck. I realise I do not need to hear each slice, but I know it can be done and I just cannot figure it out.

TIA for any answers.

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Don't have a 6300 but on my 6700 I can hear all 8 slices at a time ...in fact I usually mute most if not all of them when working digital
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Guy,

Assuming your headphones are plugged into the radio, you must have the audio muted or set to zero on the second slice.  The audio from all slices is mixed by the radio into the headphone and speaker output.

If you are listening to your headphones on the PC, its likely because you have the audio from only one DAX channel fed into the headset.  

The idea of DAX audio is being able to feed the audio stream from different slices to different programs to consume and process the audio.

At present, there is no way to get a mixed audio stream from multiple slices out of the radio over DAX.

Stu K6TU

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guy I highly recommend. The K6TU ipad app ..if you have an iPad. Puts a lot,of controls at your fingertips
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Guy,
      If your listening to DAX channel on the PC, then you may hava set up the 'listen' mode for that DAX RX channel in Windows 'Manage Audio'. You can also set up the 'listen' function for any number of DAX channels and route them all to the same windows payback device.  They'll all be treated as momo channels.

AL, K0VM
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Howard,

That's what was happening. I was expecting to be able to click on a slice to hear it. but was in fact hearing both.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I have just realised that with the headphones in the FlexRadio iteself, I can hear both slices at once. I was expecting to be able to choose to which slice to listen by just making it active. It looks as if I have to use the mute controls to mute one or the other.

This clears up the second scenario of my headphones in my PC too.

Thanks for ur help Stu
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You are most welcome!

One of the capabilities I added to the K6TU Control iPad was to mute all slices except the one you want to listen to... a long touch of the mute button in the app will mute all OTHER open slices leaving the audio selected from the active displayed slice.

Stu K6TU
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Only Android here I'm afraid.

Cheers

Guy
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Just shut off the one you don't want to hear
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2016

If you are trying to listen to both slices, try clicking on the speaker icon on each slice. Adjust the balance one one slice to the left and the other to the right. Now you will have one frequency in one ear and the other in other ear. Easier for the brain to listen to both simultaneously.

Dave, wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.