Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shut Down 6500

WBB
WBB Member

The button on front of radio; used to turn on / off flex radio.  Press button to turn on radio, press button to turn off radio... most of the time. 

However, at times, it does not shut down the radio with a simple press... I have to hold the button down to shut down the radio.

Do any of you have this problem?

Comments

• np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Ii think flex knows abt this problem  

from TIM 
    """"I'll write this up as a new defect for SSDR v1.3.

BTW, in the mean time, there is no real harm in pressing and holding the power button for a forced shut down.  We have done this hundreds of times a day during development and test.""""

• Mike Ward
    Mike Ward Member
    edited September 2014
    I found that if you key up and transmit, just a whistle will do it shuts down when you push the button, no idea why.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My radio is funky on shutdown sometimes as well. Normally when I press the power button it says "shutting down" and a few seconds later it shuts down. If I have had the radio on for a long time, nothing happens when I press the power button. However, if I just wait, about a minute to two later it just instantly shuts down.

This isn't new to 1.3. My radio has done this ever since I have owned it(1.0).

Jon...kf2e
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    as my rig runner is mounted right next to the radio, What would happen if I just pulled the power connector out? (besides shutting down the rig?)
    I mean would that mess up the things it's supposed to remember?
    Normally I leave my rig powered up 24/7 and just start/shut down, SSDR V(whatever)
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited September 2014
    It is a modified clapper operation.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    bill, you might lose some persistence? maybe?  Here, I always turn the rig off when I QRT. Most of the time, shut down is fairly prompt, but occasionally it does take a while....so, I just wait...and, I shut down the p/c next, and last, shut down my 13.8 vdc supply...even pull the plug if a t-storm is approaching...switch Tx antenna to dummy load, Rx antenna switch to 'none', and pray. ha!

JM2C, 73, W5XZ, dan

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Wonder what causes that as my 6500 turns off/on ok
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I was just curious. As generally my rig is on 24/7
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi Bill not on 24/7 but never has a problem switching on/off so far...... ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.