Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DSP

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
DSP filters still not working properly. Moving the slider on the ANF does nothing on my radio. The NR does not provide any relief for noise, actually it distorts the audio

Comments

• WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I noticed some distortion, also. Well, with the TNF, I can get around that, for now. I love this radio. Again! (With each upgrade)
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Sri to bump an oldish thread.

I have a VERY noisy environment and will get around to doing what I can. 2 of the three DSP receive filters do absolutely nothing. The only one that has any effect is the NR filter. Please add me to the list of those wanting these working.

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
  • James Whiteway
    edited September 2014
    I'm betting that Flex will get them working. Certainly been enough posts about it. I bet it has their attention. I have found in the meantime that instead of using the ANF to knock out tuner uppers, that just right clicking on the offending signal and selecting Add Tracking Notch Filter, kills it quite effectively. And that's at the default depth! I am lucky that I don't really need the Noise Reduction and Noise Blanker. I live in a rural area and have a very low noise floor. And once I got rid of my Astron power supply, I also got rid of a LOT of birides as well. For Noise Reduction, I just drop the RF Gain down and that cleans up things fairly well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.