Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unhandled timer exception error in SSDR v1.3

Steve N4LQ
Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Used the 6300 all day yesterda. Got up this morning and got this Unhandled Error popup. I can hear the radio working and can tune with the FlexControl----Just no display. Rebooted PC and rig. Tried a quick reinstall of  Ssdr without first removing the program and got the same error. Any suggestions? Steve N4LQ

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are aware of this error and have previously entered it into our bug tracker as a defect.  It is currently being investigated.  Thanks for the report.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    What's the procedure to recover? I tried a system restore to 8/21. No help. It pops up instantly when connecting to the radio. Should I reset the 6300? Remove SmartSDR? 
    Glad I have a backup rig.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We don't have one yet.  We are working on it.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I happened to have a laptop which has 1.3 installed on it so I disconnected my direct connection to the main PC and connected directly to the laptop. No error but I could see the control panels only, no scope or waterfall. 
    I then did a "factory reset" on the 6300 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds as I applied DC. Everything came back to normal on the laptop as it would with a new installation and works. 
    So then I plugged the 6300 back into the desktop and attempted to run it. Immediately the ERROR pops up. So I plugged it back into the laptop and got controls only, no pan scope display and now no audio or control ability. 
    So I did another factory reset and now it's back up on the laptop.

I guess I'm dead on the main computer now. Something is corrupted. To the best of my knowledge the only change I did yesterday was to the Mic.bias for a new microphone. 

So my question is this....If this is a "Bug" and someone is working on it, do we wait several months for a new software version before we can use these rigs or is someone going to email us with a cure. I'm just trying to make plans here.

Steve
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Steve please do this.  Navigate to the %APPDATA%
    oamingFlexRadio Systems folder.  Copy the file SSDR.settings to a different location, then start SmartSDR.  If this fixes your issue, I need a copy of the SSDR.settings file to do forensics on it.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Where is the folder? I can't find it. Also note that I have uninstalled 1.3 and cat then reinstalled but no change. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    In the Windows search bar, enter %APPDATA% and click on the folders in the path.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Found it. Your path doesn't work though. Those % signs aren't recognized. Searching on the file name works though. I moved the file and now it runs again at least for a while.
    I'm searching for a way to attach the file.

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Settings>
      <ApplicationVersion>1.3.0.116</ApplicationVersion>
      <LastButtonPressed>Knob</LastButtonPressed>
      <ButtonMiddleFunction>Master AF</ButtonMiddleFunction>
      <ButtonLeftFunction>RIT</ButtonLeftFunction>
      <FocusHelperDelay>2</FocusHelperDelay>
      <UpdateSettings>True</UpdateSettings>
      <FlexControlEnabled>True</FlexControlEnabled>
      <FocusHelperTarget>None</FocusHelperTarget>
      <FavoriteMode0>USB</FavoriteMode0>
      <FavoriteMode2>AM</FavoriteMode2>
      <MainWindowPlacement>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;&lt;WINDOWPLACEMENT xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"&gt;&lt;length&gt;44&lt;/length&g...;
      <FocusHelperOtherWindowName>
      </FocusHelperOtherWindowName>
      <AutoShowTutorial>False</AutoShowTutorial>
      <FavoriteMode1>CW</FavoriteMode1>
      <PrimaryKnobFunction>Tune Slice</PrimaryKnobFunction>
      <chkShowTXWindow>True</chkShowTXWindow>
      <SetupWindowPlacement>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;&lt;WINDOWPLACEMENT xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"&gt;&lt;length&gt;44&lt;/length&g...;
      <FocusHelperN1MMPort>12060</FocusHelperN1MMPort>
      <ButtonRightFunction>XIT</ButtonRightFunction>
    </Settings>
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Send it to my e-mail

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Well you'll have to tell me what your email address is. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    my first name at flexradio.com
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited March 2017
    Is this a problem with just the 6300 or also affecting the other models? If its just a 6300 issue it might sway my purchase decision towards the 6500.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Steve Jones. I doubt if you will get an answer on that question from Flex. All I ended up doing is searching for a file named ssdr.settings and deleting it. That cured the error. The file gets remade the next time you close Smart SDR. It just contains your settings from the previous screen. Somehow it got corrupted. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    It is an equal opportunity defect, affecting all models.  We are not sure what causes a value in the settings file to have an out of range value, but we are taking action to prevent it from crashing SmartSDR.  If you have this issue, deleting the SSDR.settings file will allow the SmartSDR to start.
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited September 2014
    Noted thanks.
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This bug has been squashed and will be included in the next release of SmartSDR of Windows.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We have added a fix to the next release of SmartSDR that will prevent this bug from crashing the radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.