Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

power off time - 6300

Alan C
Alan C Member ✭✭
So what are you folks experiencing for the "off"cycle?

When I turn off my 6300, I the green LED remains steady for about 50 sec to one minute, it then shuts down.

I swear it used to blink, and then shut down, but I could surely be wrong.

thanks and 73

Alan

Comments

• Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Mine took a long time to shut down with SSDR 1.21 but shuts down quickly with 1.217.
    It blinks when using 1.217 but not with 1.21

73 de Mike W9OJ

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I bet you didn't transmit.  Try pressing the PTT on the mic after you hit the shutdown button and see if it doesn't finish up in 15-20 seconds.  That's how it works on my 6500 if I haven't transmitted. 
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

The 6300 here takes about 10 seconds to shut down... and the Led blinks while shutting down.

What software version are you using?  73s Jim K4JAF

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Using the latest 1.2.1.7.

No, I haven't transmitted - ever on this machine (2 weeks new)

thx
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Turn it on, listen, turn it off and when nothing happens, hit the mic switch (assuming you have the hand mic plugged in) and see if it doesn't to immediately to blinking LED.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Well, yes - it does blink when I do that. and shuts down right away.

My question remains - what is it supposed to do (let's just say I SWL only).
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I have an off/on switch wired into the acc jack on the rear. It's mounted on my desk. I just flip it down to power off. Takes exactly 6 seconds.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Alan - it's supposed to shut down just like when you pushed the PTT button, only without having to do that!  It's been listed as a bug now since the latest level came out, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is fixed in the next release. 
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Duane - OK, that's what I wanted to hear!  A Bug!

I wondered how it could have two different ways of shutting down.

Score settled..

thanks
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this post into a problem topic and entered this into our bug tracker for additional investigation.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    SmartSDR bombed out, could not connect to 6300 with a fresh instance of SmartSDR, reset computer still no connect to 6300, powered off 6300 now seeing white/blue blinking power light.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Bill - Based on the description of your issue, additional information is going to be needed to address your issue and using the Community is not the most effective way to assist you.  I recommend you submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/home) so our Support Engineers can assign you a case number and investigate your issue further.

Opening a HelpDesk support ticket will ensure our highest level of customer service we can provide.  For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...  

Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue.   Thank you for your cooperation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.