Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 no longer keys amp

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My 6300 has been working great.  Last night I was trying to work some DX and my 6300 wasn't keying my amp.  I have a Ameritron ARB-704 keying buffer between my radio and amp and I notice the red XMT light was not coming on when I keyed the radio.  My 6300 has always keyed the amp when the radio was turned on but before I launched the SSDR software.  Once the software was loaded, the radio un-keyed and worked as expected.  The radio still keys up the amp when I turn on the radio but don't have SSDR running but no longer keys the amp when I transmit.  Any ideas?

Burch
K4QXX

Comments

• np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Your tx has not been selected on your slice.

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Check "Settings" and be sure RCA TX1 is enabled. 
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    So what did you find Burch? 

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm still at work so I haven't tried anything yet.  I might not be able to work on it until tomorrow.
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    That is what the problem was. I enabled RCA TX1 and I am back in business. What is weird is that I was tuning my amp when all of a sudden the amp quit keying. I wonder how that option got disabled?
  • Howard -W6HDG
    Howard -W6HDG Member
    edited September 2015
    Burch, just as an aside, the amp keying issue in the 6300 (before starting SSDR) was determined to be a bug and is being fixed in 1.3 from what I understand. Flex did a good job of tracking that one down....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Joe Veras
    Joe Veras Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Similar problem. 6300 working great and keying amp when needed. All of a sudden, it goes from not keying amp at all to keying the amp QSK fashion (my amp relay is not suitable for that sort of operation. I had it working with enough delay to keep the amp relay from dropping out unless I deliberately paused. Haven't touched or changed a thing.

This happens with both the internal keyer and CWX . . . and CWX sometimes sends strange sounding code. Other times . . . well . . . maybe that's why my hair is getting so thin. Any resolution from those who had an earlier experience with Keying/Delay?
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Joe. I assume you have the "delay" slider cranked up on your TX Panel?
  • Joe Veras
    Joe Veras Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Thanks, Steve. Yes, I have the TX panel delay set; I am using 420 which works best with my amp (an  Ameritron ALS-600S). Yesterday's problem disappeared when I turned the rig and amp on this morning and everything is working perfectly. Can't figure what to attribute that to, except maybe the long, overnight power-off. I did not reboot the computer this morning, but did that yesterday while trying to find a solution to the problem. CWX is also working again. I appreciate your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.