Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multi-FUN!

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just wrapping up a FUN session on 6 meters, running three panadapters, operating three modes (JT65, CW, and SSB), searching and pouncing on whatever comes up. New grids, and a ton of fun! It's very cool to be able to assign a pan adapter to each sub-band and easily switch to where the action is (thanks to the waterfall display).

My first real operating with three panadapters. Works like a champ. Operator may need some more training so he transmits in the right place, but the technology WORKS.

Thanks, Flex.

Geo/KF2T

Comments

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Thanks George,

I have only used two slices but I will give three an opportunity.

I like to join the fun session!

Comment: 4 hours later... Have 3 slices open and working 6 meter CW - SSB and JT-65 ... made several contacts on all modes as of 21:43UTC

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Question...with three slices open how are you telling the logger (if you are using one) which freq/mode to log?  Aren't the loggers only seeing slice A and slice B?

Tnx!
    Greg

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You're right. My logger (MacLoggerDX) looks at A and B, so that's where CW and SSB go. C can be set up for digital, since I log to WSJT-X and import its ADIF file into my logger later. 
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Greg,

With HRD as soon as I change the TX position from one slice to the other, it automatically follows.  At least that's what I noticed when I tried the 3 slices.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.