Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Settings Flex6500 to MMVARI. RX ok, but no TX

Alex - IK5PWJ
Alex - IK5PWJ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi to all,
I recently purchased the FlexRadio 6500 and after several attempts I was able to configure
it to cwskimmer interfaced with Logger32 street cat.
The Cat work logger32 is interfaced.
I installed in Logger32 MMVARI for digital modes.
After configured the sound card MMVARI on SETTING/SETTINGMMVARI/SETTING AUDIO

I selected:
input sound card - DAX Audio RX1
otput sound card - DAX Audio TX1

For the reception in rtty no problem receiving well.

For the transmission does not transmit any signal BP

The PTT carrying out the works but the classic tones RTTY not.

I checked the settings in the flex 6500 for the DAX and in fact the RX channel 1 on MMVARI works,
but I do not know what else to do to set the digital signal to get it out to the TX of the DAX Control Panel v1.0.5.49 .
In fact, when I go to tx in ssb in Stream 1 A Slice of Dax Control Panel , the TX Gain remains at zero .
What should I set to output the audio signal to MMVARI TX ?
I hope I explained, and ... thank everyone in advance.

Alex ik5pwj

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Alex, do you have the DAX control panel open and the TX button selected for the channel you are trying to use? Greg
  • Alex - IK5PWJ
    Alex - IK5PWJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Greg, tnx for reply 
    After several tests I have solved almost all setting in P/CW box with DAX  ON
    and 'the light is on ....hi. 
    There is only one thing that I can not run. Is the MONitor for the transmission on rtty and psk. 

In SSB or CW selecting MON in P/CW you listen the TX in ssb and cw,  but not for rtty and psk 

This I believe is due to the fact that in selecting DAX P/CW, disables the MON even if this is activated. 
    I tried to select the external speakers on PC, but if I select these do not get more 'signal to the TX Gain control of the DAX and the tx RTTY no longer.

So I do not know 'how to set up the monitor when just listening is transmitted to MMVARI rtty or psk! 
    I tried to select the audio panel speakers in the audio output but this disables the signal to the DAX1. 
    Any idea? 
    Tnx Alex ik5pwj
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Hi Alex. As far as I know, at this time there is MON function for the DAX audio. There should be. I don't know if this is something that will be fixed or not. You can try to go to your sound controls in the control panel of Windows and in the recording section right click on the DAX TX chanel you are using and put a check in the box that says something like "listen to this device". I am not in my shack right now and am not able to access those functions from work. I think that will let you listen to the tx signal on your default audio device for windows. But the MON for now does not work for digital modes. GL Greg
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Should read there is "no" MON.....
  • Alex - IK5PWJ
    Alex - IK5PWJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Hi Greg, thank you for your answer, I answer only now because I was away on business and I have not had time until now. 
    Either way I solved everything, and now I can hear the tx wanting to monitor your PC from audio. 
    Unfortunately MMWARI does not have the ability to create macros for the cw and I would like to ask you which program to use for CW with macros or functions similar to CWX Software PowerSDR for Flex3000 or 5000, so in order to have in  flex6500 good program for CW with macros. 
    Do you have any idea? 
    thanks 
    Alex ik5pwj

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.