Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexControl tune step doubled

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've noticed that if I plug in the FlexControl *after* I already have SmartSDR running, the tuning step it uses is double what is shown on the RX window on the right. If I set the tuning step to 50, its actual step is 100.  If I set it to 100, it steps 200.

Scrolling with the mouse uses the correct tuning step.

Thanks,

-Robbie

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Are you by chance running DDUtil at the same time?
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Nope, doesn't look like I have it installed either.

Only programs currently running are IE, Sublime Text (programming editor), notepad, wordpad, and dax control panel.

If it helps, I'm running the FlexControl through a Anker powered usb hub.  Haven't tested yet to see if the same thing happens if I bypass the hub, but not sure why that would matter.  (although if it did, it wouldn't be the strangest thing i've seen).

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Plug it in again and see it it multiplies.  If so, then it is a defect.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hm.  Now I can't seem to reproduce it, although I did see the same thing happen about a week ago (which is the reason I reported it, since I saw it more than once).   

The weird thing is that when I just now bypassed the usb hub and plugged it directly into my computer while smartsdr was running, it never would recognize the flexcontrol.  If I had it plugged in directly before launching smartsdr, it would recognize it.  I tried several combinations & order of events and just couldn't get that to work if smartsdr was already running.  Plugged it back into my (disconnected) usb hub, loaded smartsdr, then plugged the usb hub back into the computer, and smartsdr found it pretty quick.

Weird, wonder if it is memorizing the usb port number (or whatever) and not re-searching for it? Not really sure how that works.

Let me know if there is a log or anything else I should capture if I see the double-tune step happen again.  Like I said earlier, it has happened before so I guess it'll probably happen again.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Edit: I consider this a very minor issue, but if we can squash a bug, all the better, right? :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    USB can be evil.  I suspect that with the hub, the USB port number is different.  USB reloads the device driver every time a device is plugged into a different port. It may be having issues loading the driver on the port change.  I'm just guessing here. ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.