Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Run a 6700 without GPS lock but with the GPSDO installed

Cliff
Cliff Member
Hi, 

I am yet to purchase but finding out as much as I can before, if the GPSDO fails to lock (unable to find satellites) does the 6500 / 6700 still have the OCXO as backup if that makes sense.

I am interested in the GPSDO for output to other gear as well.

Thanks for any information,
Cliff VK2CCJ

Answers

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Yes, the OCXO is there to take care of things when the GPS loses or has no lock. Mine has on rare occasion lost lock in standby or on. After powering on (not from standby) it can takes up to 5 minutes to achieve lock. Great feature to use for a reference on a convenient SMA connector to other gear in the shack. I feed this to my Flex1500 on 6 metres for WSPR :-)
  • Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited February 2017
    Thought that would be the case , thank you for confirming it James, yes the standard output is a nice feature, could feed my Racal counter or R&S Sig Gen. 

Cheers
    Cliff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.