Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to wait for a slice to be ready?

Drax
Drax Member
edited December 2014 in SmartSDR API
What is the proper way to wait for a slice to be ready to accept property modifications after I've created it?  

Waiting for the slice created event doesn't seem to be enough. I tried putting a set slice.freq command in the event, but it doesn't work.   But if I wait some time and then change the slice's frequency it will do it. 

Obviously there is some other event, besides slice created, a or property I have to monitor before I start making demands of the slice.  What is it?

Answers

• BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited February 2014

Drax,

Here is a snippet of how I do that in CAT:

public void SliceAdded(Slice slc) {  switch (slc.Index)  {   case 0:    if (slice0 == null)    {     slice0 = slc;     slice0.PropertyChanged += new PropertyChangedEventHandler(slice0_PropertyChanged);     slice0.SMeterDataReady += new Slice.SMeterDataReadyEventHandler(slice0_SMeterDataReady);     //initialize the current_receive_slice     if (current_receive_slice == null)      {      current_receive_slice = slice0;       Set("Freq0", slice0.Freq.ToString());      }                         string split_status = "00";                       if (slice0 != null && slice1 == null && slice0.Transmit)                        {                           split_status = "00";                           this.CurrentTransmitSlice = 0;                        } 

The SliceAdded(Slice slc) method is called from the radio slice_added event handler. 

Hope this helps,

Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.