Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I get audio (receive and xmit) on a computer that is not near the Flex 6000.

How do I get audio (receive and xmit) on a computer that is not near the Flex 6000. Seems like DAX should make this possible but I have not figured out how
If this comes later on the roadmap, what is it called?

Answers

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    To listen to the Audio you can just edit the properties of the DAX Windows device.

Set up your DAX channel - and then in your Audio Mixer look for the RX Channel you selected and open the properties.     There should be a Listen tab.  Click on that and select 'Listen to this device.'

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Richard is correct -- A quick way to get to it on Windows 8.1 (can't remember if prior versions had this) is to right click on the volume indicator in the systray (bottom right corner of the screen), and select either "playback" or "recording" devices.  I went ahead and selected "listen to this device" on all of the DAX channels, and then I just bring up the Windows mixer to mute the ones I don't want to hear, like when I'm running a few digital modes.  Then I can easily unmute it if I want to hear it, without affecting the decoding in the digital application.  It would be nice if I could do all of that directly in the DAX control panel.  Maybe in a future version? :-)
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

"Listen to Device" has been available since Vista as I recall, it's definitely available in Windows 7 and up.

I recall a thread recently where over the network audio (for listening to) was discussed, so I think its on the road map.   

• Tom Hoflich
    Tom Hoflich Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the help.  I can now wander around the house with my Dell venue 8 pro and listen to the bands. Now I will see if I can also transmit.
    I had gotten FLdigi to run but could not get anything out of the speaker so I knew that I was close.  Thanks again
  • Mark - NU6X
    Mark - NU6X Member
    edited September 2016
    I am using DAX to work  SSB this way along with VOX via a wireless headset. . It works but I am getting  about a one second delay that is a problem. It is very difficult as l hear the Rx for about a second before transmitter keys up. If I hook up the wireless headset via the Mic connector then the delay is very short and acceptable. The delay appears to be in Win 7. Is there any way to speed it up??? 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.