Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latency issues when running 3rd party programs.

Kirk, K6KAR
Kirk, K6KAR Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

With my Flex Radio 5000/3000, I’ve enjoyed using digital modes V4, H4 and RMS Winmor and have no latency issues.  These 3rd party programs require a latency of no more than 200ms.  However, using the 6700 with DAX and SmartCAT, I’m not able to use these modes as latency is running from 400ms to 450ms.  Is there a way to reduce this latency? 

Answers

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have successfully used Winmor with my 6700 using DAX, I can confirm that there is a long latency between TX and RX, yet I was still successful in connecting.
  • Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Radio latency can be reduced by doing the following:

- Use DIGU or DIGL
    - Set RX Filter to a bandwidth greater than 2000Hz (reset even if already > 2000Hz)
    - Set TX Filter to a bandwidth greater than 2000Hz (reset even if already > 2000Hz)

There is some additional latency in the DAX Drivers and network buffering but this will give the lowest latency configuration within the radio itself.

I'd be interested in the latency reported by the 3rd party programs with these settings.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Here are some screenshots. As you can see it varies by tens of milli-seconds without changing any settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.