Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No one has seen this post?

Beppe IK3VIG
Beppe IK3VIG Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
From FB FlexRadio Enthusiast: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=656417827730134&set=gm.10152145308486321&type=1 73 Beppe ik3vig woodboxradio

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited October 2019
    We were testing out DAX shooting fish in the barrel with JT65 and JT9 on 20m in the shack. Greg made some comment about when we would have 8 receivers to show ... I said "you mean THESE 8 receivers?" (click-click-click...) He said "oh, I gotta post this..." WSJT-X is like a video game: you start making contacts with it and look up and hours have gone by ;-) I rather expected the fan to come on while we were operating and found that the PA temp went from 43-48.5C over the duration of a transmit so I don't think it will come on at all running JT modes unless your ambient is really high.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I spy with my little eye something new to mangage filter settings. :)
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    As soon as 1.0.24 was released I started using DAX with WSJT-X and JT Alert. It is working very well. The JT modes are interesting, They do not demand your attention like the other digital modes do. So it frees you up to do other things with other radios while operating the JT's . But in the end, the JT's modes end up getting most of your time. Dan KM6CQ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is more than that....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Drool, drool! Tempt us some more! TX profiles, perhaps? With selected slice frequency TX readout?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have more than once nodded off during a WSJT-x contact and forgotten to press the "next exchange" button and stalled the QSO with my rig constantly repeating the last transmission. I wish it was just ONE more step automated and didn't require my input for the next level... but then, that would take the operator completely out of the formula.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    edited October 2016
    I've had the same happen to me, usually when I'm calling CQ and I miss the reply. I do all digital modes with the sound off (really don't care to listen to the doodle doodle doo) but then I miss the gap in TX that marks the start of a new sequence. Whoops!
  • Michael - N5TGL
    edited October 2016
    I am VERY excited to see UI improvements like this. Anything that reduces click count for accessing functions is a very valuable improvement, particularly during contest operations.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Greg, Ninety percent of my activities is expend on JT9/65 with 77/120 countries confirmed and TPA and I have not heard the fan go on. No California amp, just a simple F6.7K running 30-40W out. DXCC award would have been issue by now, but I refuse to support or pay for a QSL card for anyone vacation or trip.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I can't get it to release xmit back to Rec. once it transmits it returns to receive but the transmitter continues transmitting and I have to hit the tune button to get it released. what have I setup incorrectly> (I posted this in another post as well)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.