Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote On/Off

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I guess I may have missed an answer to this. When will I be able to turn my 6700 on/off remotely? I can connect to it via Teamviewer and Skype; but, it's gotta already be on. I need to turn it on/off via a pin connection or some means.

Answers

• L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I too am waiting anxiously for the Remote On/Off functionality. Living in a condo with an antenna prohibition, I can only operate remotely which I have done for well over 5 years with my now aging Omni07. Fortunately, my remote site is very close at a nearby Marina whose local LAN I can and do access with my laptop from my condo. Since the full Remote software package was not available, my plan was to put my 6500 on the Marina LAN and access it from my condo as I do to connect to the WAN through the Marina network. I have an existing VOIP link with my Remoterig modems so audio/PTT would not be an issue. The BIG problem is being able to turn the radio on/off and to reboot it! Can we have this functionality turned on soon -- please! Thank you! Lloyd VE3ERQ
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    This feature is currently in Alpha testing. It will be released in the next Beta and will be in v1.1.
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thank you! Thank You! Lloyd VE3ERQ
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    This will be available for testing in the beta we are releasing today.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    This function I am really looking forward too.... It seems to be there now and I enabled it however does not seem to work yet..... This will mean when its working a major shack fundamental shift in terms of operational logistics. Yihaa... Yahooo...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Can you describe in detail your "however does not seem to work yet" statement? We need details in order to understand the failure mode.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Tim, The Issue has now just been resolved. I required the ability to remotely turn the 6000 from "standby" to "on" and back to "standby" state over wifi (or remote anywhere really for that matter with future thinking). Steve N5AC pointed out something I simply did not read or failed to see that the RCA on the rear is an "open collector" that requires a pull up voltage to change from "on" back to "standby". Using a WeMo IP switch with a 12v plug pack to trigger a relay and with a 2.2K resistor (a value I had at hand) I took volts from the 6000 supply that's always on to the remote RCA+ and used the relay to open/close the remote. I can now control it on the NET without turning off the main supply off as I did not want to shut down the GPS reference module driving my Flex1500 on WSPR.
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I've just been using a direct relay contact closure across the REMOTE power port to turn my FLEX ON and OFF. It's been working well ever since the Remote port was activated. Temporarily using an old 433Mhz wireless controlled AC outlet to activate the relay while the radio is on my LAN. When the radio is moved to the Remote site it will be powered through a Digital Logger IP controlled AC power bar. One of the 8 IP controlled outlets will be used to activate a relay which will do the same thing but from the WAN.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.