Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexControl stopped working

My FlexControl worked perfectly using v1.0 until one day it stopped. When I plug into USB, the lights come on and go out after about 1 second. Turning the knob does not change the frequency. The FlexControl is ENABLED. Anything obvious I am missing? Thanks

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    The flash of the lights is right, suspect a conflict with another com port. If you look at the Windows Device manager => Ports, you will see the FlexControl listed and the com port that it is using or trying to use.. Sometimes it helps to change the Com Port to a number way outside the ranges normally used , maybe 50 or higher. May need to reboot the computer and for sure restart everything for it to stick..
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, Dudley - your help got me past an issue where my new one (arrived today) installed itself as COM5, right on top of one of the SSDR com ports!  A simple reassignment to COM 58 or so fixed that issue.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.