Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When power sdr is off and F6.7K is still on, you have a sidetone in the phones

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I work CW, then exit PSDR while leaving the F6.7K on, I can key the radio and hear the sidetone in the phones. No power out; however, so its merely a phenomena that I am reporting. 0.13.10. I don't think that any action is needed since there is no power out.

Comments

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    curious, i see that too; rig LED does not turn red, like it does when transmitting... ( 6500, 13.10, win7 home, 64 bit, connects thru ethernet switch...)
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    also, try this: click 'MOX' in the transmit control panel....rig LED goes red...close SSDR...rig LED stays red ( ??? )....send one dit...goes green...
  • Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Roger Rockwell/na4rr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Don't "fix" it. Makes for good way to do some practice cw. roger
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    George, I have added your observation as a defect in the developer's database for additional investigation.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited March 2017
    What would you prefer it do? I believe what is actually happening is that SmartSDR Windows is closing all the slices, but the radio is still in CW mode. Without a transmit slice it will not transmit, but it remains in CW and works as a "code practice oscillator." If this is a bad behavior, let us know the preferred behavior.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    IMO - If it is not hurting anything, leave it as is. As noted this provides a nice CPO and can be used to test paddle adjustments, etc. As we used to say, if you document it, then it's a feature! Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I've always wanted a $4000 Code practice oscillator! (;b) Seriously...I wouldn't "fix" it. It is a nice "bonus" feature, especially since the keyer works at the last speed and sidetone used. I can let my 6 year old practice CW with it or brush up on my keying skills without the risk of accidently QRMing the bands. It isn't just in the phones, either. It comes out my powered speaker on my 6500.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'll bet if you dont "fix it" it will come back to bite you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.