Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Goldline Mic and 6500 Adapter Cable

I have a Heil Goldline Mic I plan to use with my 6500. I see that the Flex store sells an adapter cable, cc-1-y that looks appropriate. In my reading of the archives I found that some 5000 users needed to do a wiring mod to help resolve RFI issues. Is this applicable to the 6500? Does the cable presently sold by Flex need this wiring mod, or is it already incorporated? Thank you, Brad, N6SPM

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Brad, The FLEX-6000 should not require the wiring mod on the Heil CC-1-Y cable. The issues that some FLEX-5000 users experienced is due to the improper wiring that occurs during the cable's manufacturing process where the cable shield (ground) is connected to the mic- pin and the ground is not connected to the 8-pin Foster connector shell. In these cases, the mic cable is acting like an efficient antenna and when exposed to high power it can result in RFI.
  • Brad - N6SPM
    Brad - N6SPM Member
    edited June 2014
    Perfect. Thank you Tim.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.